POTD - Self-Portraits

Discussion in 'Picture of the Day' started by Tim, Mar 20, 2009.

1. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Great story! ; I am also liking these self portrait's

Justin, I gotta say, I have cruised on the Caribbean Princess, and the Disney Magic. ; Go on a Disney Cruise! ; It is so much better, in my belief. ; There is an adults only area on the ship, and I didn't find the kids at all like they are in the parks. ; Go for it, I believe you will enjoy it.

2. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I may indeed one of these days. ; I cruise every year, so it's also a matter of the right itinerary at the right price at the right time! ; The ships look beautiful - I've been parked right next to them at several ports, and been able to look across into the rooms and lounges and such from the higher decks of my ship.

3. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Meet my new Avatar- Scary huh? ; ???

[​IMG]

4. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Jeff, I just cut myself on that photo. ; 50/1.2?

5. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

50/1.2 stopped way down to f2. ; ;)

6. Roger

ohhhhhhhh ; hahahah ; :D

7. Since my avatar is basically a self-portrait one... I thought I would put up a similar Disney-esque one.
    On Kilimanjaro Safari :)

[​IMG]

8. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

One from New Orleans.

[​IMG]

9. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

here is one of my favorite self-portraits...

[attachment deleted by admin]

10. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Tim, that's pretty neat.

11. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

here is a different one. I'm in my captain hook costume before a Pirate and Princess Party.

[attachimg=1]

[attachment deleted by admin]

12. BorisMD

BorisMD Member

So, what happened to all the attachments in this thread?

All seems to have been removed by the Admin.

Thanks,

Boris

13. Roger

I believe we're only keeping attachments for 180 days now.

14. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  15. mousefan

mousefan Member

photoshop fun

16. ELinder

ELinder Member

Oh dear. A photography forum that's going to be full of posts with removed photos. I assume this is in response to Tim's post about the attachments folder becoming huge, but I can't help but think that there has to be a better solution.

Erich

17. BorisMD

BorisMD Member

Yeah, I agree with Erich. ; Going over old threads is not a real worthwhile experience when most posts have deleted images.

On the DIS photography forum, you can't add attachments, all pictures have to be links to images.

Regards,

Boris

PS -- my son is also "Erich"

18. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I think that's the key though - if you link the photos from elsewhere, they'll stay linked to the thread indefinitely - or at least until you remove it from your gallery. ; I think in general, what was once a nice gesture to save some folks from getting their own external galleries, has just become too big to handle, so Tim's trying to get everyone to link photos from galleries as much as possible. ; There may be a few losses if they were directly uploaded on TMIP, but don't give up on all old threads as many were linked to photo galleries and will be fine.

19. hulagirl

hulagirl Member

Tim...can we start a new self portrait thread just for fun? ; Since I just got here I don't know what everyone looks like and it would be nice to put faces with screen names.

I'm easy. ; I just used one as my avatar. :)

20. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I'm sure Tim wouldn't mind starting a new thread for that. ; I have to see where I have a photo of myself, oh wait, Tim has one of me sleeping somewhere on here. . . ;)