POTD - Disney's Hollywood Studios

Discussion in 'Picture of the Day' started by Imaginerd, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pops

Pops Member

Betty is one of the top performers in my opinion. ; Wonderful expression capture!

2. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

3. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

4. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Meeting up with Dennis and Dave this Friday for a full day of Star Wars fun. We even splurged for the Feel the Force package.

[​IMG]
    Chewie on Parade
    by Scottwdw, on Flickr

5. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Nice!!! What does the Feel the Force get you? Is that the better spots for parade and fireworks?

6. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Will let you know if we feel the money was well spent or not. The last time I did SWW, I waited for hours in the hot Orlando Sun for the parade and, at that time, Hoopla. Hoping this VIP event will eliminate that and still get me great photo ops.

7. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

8. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

9. Evad

Evad Member

Great Star Wars Shots!!!

10. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Thanks! Plenty more to come between me, Dave and Dennis as we were all down here this past weekend.

11. ddindy

And of course the first shot from that trip that I post is not Star Wars related at all. That's no space station, it's the Moon!

[​IMG]
    Moon over Cahuenga

12. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

[​IMG]

"Of all the bars in all the world, you had to walk into mine..."

13. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

14. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

One of these years I might actually make it to a SWW. Of course that mean with kid in tow and therefore no standing around for HOURS but it will be fun to be there.

15. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Not quite the same selfie, but love the glowing eyes. And this little Jawa flipped out over trading a little superman figure with me (I ended up with a pin...)[​IMG]

16. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

The eyes come out much better at Sci-Fi. I did not know about these guys and will try to remember to bring some small trinket with me next time. Some Sandpeople got interested in my camera but that was NOT going to happen. LOL

17. ddindy

I made it a point to take something with me. I traded a set of five Disney character stickers for one of those glow cubes that they put in drinks. It was a fun little moment.

18. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

19. ddindy

If you weren't at Star Wars Weekends in 2014, the big advertising push was the upcoming Star Wars Rebels cartoon series. They added three characters to the parade, two humanoids and a droid. The new characters also put in an appearance at the Behind The Force show, which as usual was all about the current animated version of Star Wars.

Sabine Wren is a Mandalorian (from the same planet as Jango and Boba Fett). Her fellow rebel Ezra Bridger is in the background.

[​IMG]
    Rebel, rebel

20. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I couldn't believe how crowded it was this past Friday at Star Wars weekends. People lined up an hour before secondary characters (such as the bounty hunters) for photo ops. Had it not been 90+ degrees and no shade for a majority of lines I probably would have stuck around longer. However, if they ever change this to the late fall/winter/early spring... I'm there in a heartbeat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.