POTD - Animal Kingdom

Discussion in 'Picture of the Day' started by Dennis Dest in FL, Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I know most people pretty much ignore Dinoland, but there are some fun things to be found if you look for them. This billboard is hidden past the restrooms next to Chester & Hester's. Maybe we should make some time to go exploring there during Pixelmania.

[​IMG]
    Roadside attraction

2. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

I would be interested in a Dinoland meet @ddindy. Lots of fun details. Maybe start a new thread on the Pixelmania forum to discuss???

3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Works for me.

4. ddindy

While wandering the Discovery Island trails, I came across a little training session for this African crested porcupine. Sometimes you just have to have good timing.

[​IMG]
    Now jump!

5. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Dennis, you should put an eye chart on the slab. LOL

6. ddindy

Believe it or not, one of the captions I considered using was "Now read the third line."

7. ddindy

One of the more interesting photo spot signs. I completely forgot to look for it again on my last trip after I noticed that all of the signs had been changed to Nikon.

[​IMG]
    Things change

8. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

9. ddindy

10. ddindy

As many times as I've photographed these boats in Asia, I've never noticed all of this decorative lace before. Is it new? (Yes, I'm too lazy to dig through my old photos to check.) The photo is from October 2013.

[​IMG]
    Delicate lace

11. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

From 2009... Lace is there...
    [​IMG]

12. ddindy

That just shows how much I pay attention to little things like that.

Speaking of little things, the rhinos dine in strict formation, but the bontebok eats to the beat of a different drummer.

[​IMG]
    Someone's facing the wrong way again

13. Good shot, Dennis. It actually looks like the rhino is giving the bontebok the "stink eye".

14. ddindy

We all love DiVine, but I can't remember ever watching her whole performance. Last May I made a point to do just that. Over the course of 30 minutes, I took over 150 shots. Some of them actually turned out pretty well.

[​IMG]
    Clinging vine

15. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

Dennis I think this is one of the best poses I have ever seen of DiVine. Well worth the time spent!

16. ddindy

Thanks, Dave!

17. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

I agree. That's a great shot Dennis!

18. ddindy

19. ddindy

20. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Have any of you had their money stolen by this Rose-breasted Cockatoo during the Flights of Wonder show?

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.