~ Pixelmania 2017 Dates! ~

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by Joanie Eddis-Koch, Nov 28, 2016.

1. The consensus is that the 2017 Pixelmania dates are:
    Wednesday December 6th to Sunday December 10th.

Make your reservations and plan on joining us! Check in here if you plan on attending...

2. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I plan to be there, assuming I don't drop dead before then.

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

As of now, I will be there! So glad the dates are a week later. A week earlier and I would miss due to parent teacher conferences.

4. You better not drop dead! We'd be lost without you...

5. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I have no plans to drop dead at this time. ;)

6. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Even better news! The board approved the calendar for next year, and its exactly how I expected! And I am off for a 4 day weekend in September for my birthday, so long weekend here I come!

7. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Booking the room on January 1st... can't wait to see everyone again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yensid71973 and jbwolffiv like this.
  8. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

For those of us not used to booking DVC stuff so far out in advance (I usually book a month before I come)...what would be the earliest reservation date for your home resort? If I wanted to book for arrival on Dec 6 - what is the first day I should jump on there to try to get my spot at my home resort Boardwalk?

9. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

It doesn't seem quite right given the number of days each month, but my 3rd party DVC app says January 6th is first day of booking for a December 6th check in...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yensid71973 likes this.
  10. zackiedawg

Interesting - OK - so they probably don't mean '11 months' counted out to the day, but just 11 months before to that calendar day. I'll try to remember to give myself a reminder for that day so I can book, and maybe actually get my home resort for a change.

yensid71973 likes this.
  11. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

If the 11 months "to the day" works out to be a day or two prior to 11 months "by calendar", I'd try to book at the earlier time. It's better to be too early and told to call back than to call late and miss out on a specific room. Realistically though, unless you are trying to book a grand villa or poly cabana I wouldn't worry too much about not hitting the day exactly.

12. zackiedawg

I'm going by last December Pixelmania, when the window opened on Friday, and I didn't get around to booking until Monday - my home resort was gone, every room size, every category! I don't know if it's just Boardwalk, or all the resorts that time of year, but it seems DVCers are waiting to book on the very day that 11 month window opens and Boardwalk is filled within 3 days...so this time, I need to at least try it on opening day to see if I can get in. If I miss the home resort, by the time the other resort window opens there's nothing else left but OKW and Saratoga. Which is why I've stayed at Saratoga for every Pixelmania so far. :)

yensid71973 likes this.
  13. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I'd say it's just Boardwalk, but I was listening to a new dvc podcast (Top of the World Podcast) and they were saying that not only is dvc membership nearing a million members but since they hold a certain number of rooms for cash reservations that booking at any time other than your home resort between the 11-7month period has become nigh impossible. That and the fact that all the new dvc resorts are add-ons as opposed to Saratoga that is a dvc resort all by itself. So it results in increasing membership while not adding a lot of extra rooms to inventory.

yensid71973 likes this.
  14. I booked Plop Century for Sunday Dec. 3rd to Wednesday Dec. 13th. Please try to contain your excitement with the news of this information.

Southwest supposedly will open up their flights for December travel on/around May 8th. Sometimes they open that window a couple of days early so it pays to be vigilant, or a vigilante if you have a posse.

The early bird gets the worm so book your flights the morning that they release them. To me it seems like travel agents have some kind of software where they book large blocks of flights the ~second~ they are released for departures from Philadelphia. I don't know what things are like concerning Southwest in your neck of the woods but be sure to keep a close watch for when the fares are posted so you can get the flight you want, at the price and time you want.
    ~Joanie

yensid71973 likes this.
  15. Sean

Sean Administrator Staff Member

We might be coming down for this trip, I think its been awhile since you all got to see my wonderful face.

@Tim We should do that Ice thing again this trip.

mSummers likes this.
  16. gary

gary Member

as far as i can determine, it's 11 months, not held fast to the check in day, i just booked beach club on wednesday evening about 5:30 pm, for a check in date of 10/21 to 10/28, and had no problem getting a 1 bedroom, so i would suggest board walkers try 1/2/17, worst that can happen is they say call back in 4 days, as i too am going for a boardwalk 1 bedroom in that time frame. i will probably stay only 8 days this time, extending just 1 more to do a day at universal for the christmas stuff. this way in 2018 i can do another extended stay with more than 1 universal day with the overlapping annual pass.

17. yensid71973

yensid71973 Member

I plan to be there.

mSummers likes this.
  18. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Just booked the first part of the trip and now I wait for more days to open up as I extend the reservation. Right now I'm booked in for the 1st thru the 8th (but need to get to the 14th)...

19. yensid71973

yensid71973 Member

Yeah!! I booked the first part of my trip also and will be adding on days as they become available.

20. zackiedawg

I'm looking to come up on the 6th - checked today and DVC says I can book stays beginning Dec 3 - so it looks like this Friday Jan 6 will be when I can book.