OY ROTARY CHARTER

Discussion in 'Non Disney Photos / Mobile Phone Photos' started by gary, Mar 26, 2020.

1. gary

gary Member

on 2/27/20 i flew to albuquerque new mexico, eventually met up with michael and pete, went north to chama new mexico for a 2 day charter on the cumbres and toltec, featuring restored steam rotary plow OY pushed by 2 of their locomotives. 150 photographers, 4 busses, 2 highway patrol departments, 2 state dot departments, snowmobilers, some freeloaders, and some great photos of a piece of equipment i never thought i'd see operating in my lifetime, oh and did i mention expensive??

here we are, first location of the day, throwing some snow

[​IMG]

moved out on the line some more, a little closer to the action, first charter ever for using the 70-300 this much

[​IMG]

throwing that snow, we do not have a snowblower so i had forgotten how they churn up snow at the blades

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
    jbwolffiv likes this.
  2. gary

gary Member

coming at us

[​IMG]

as we got further up the line into higher elevations the snow got noticeably deeper

[​IMG]

aaah, i can't remember the name of this trestle, and i should pause in the processing and read the book i came home with, the mile by mile trackside guide of this line. the grey tank car right behind the rotary is a water tanker just for the rotary, when we reached cox crossing the chama fire dept plus the cumbres railroads own fire patrol tanker came up and watered the engines

[​IMG]

mSummers and jbwolffiv like this.
  3. gary

gary Member

who has a mac and can tell me how to shut off this very annoying autocorrect that keeps messing up my posts, example, it keeps making chama into champ

4. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Here’s how to retrain your autocorrect on a Mac...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mSummers, jbwolffiv and Nancy AK like this.
  5. gary

gary Member

so seem to be unable to tame this autocorrect, so we will just keep trying to spot the unwelcome corrections
    sunday, day 2 of the rotary charter, from stateline up to the cumbres pass station, starting off with rory, a poor unfortunate snowman, brutalized in the chama yard with full railroad consent

[​IMG]

he just couldn't take it

[​IMG]

it was a short life, but a good one

[​IMG]

and for those who knew, after 2 1/2 weeks of covid i am finally cleared to return to life, and finally have energy to do so

jbwolffiv and mSummers like this.
  6. mSummers

mSummers Member

Sing it with me now, “Do you want to kill a snowman? ...”

Seriously, next time we need to hollow it out and put a watermelon in it.

jbwolffiv likes this.
  7. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Great photos and great to hear you are recovered!!