October

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by Zeagle, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Zeagle

Zeagle Member

Anyone planning a trip for Halloween week this year? I am thinking of doing MNSSHP and Food and Wine festival this year. Would be fun to do a mini-meetup :)

2. hulagirl

hulagirl Member

I've always wanted to do Food and Wine...but we're going for Thanksgiving this year. ; Who knows though...
    maybe I'll do a solo trip for a few days. ;)

3. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

I keep meaning to go back during October. ; I miss HM Holiday.

Wait. ; Wrong coast.

4. gary

gary Member

i'm toying with maybe a short, down & dirty, 3 day i really like mnsshp, i actually like it maybe more than the christmas party. although the last time i was there for it in 2006, it hit 96 every day, and this was around 10/22, it was 85 degrees at party time, but the parade may be the best the world has, so it's a strong pull

5. Stitch

Stitch Member

I'll be around!

6. Zeagle

Zeagle Member

MNSSHP is the best hard ticket event at Disney IMHO. I may be staying off property this time and if so will have plenty of extra room, 2 extra queen beds and a sleeper sofa, and would love to split some costs.

7. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Hula, how long are you staying for Thanksgiving? ; Myself, I get to fly down the Sunday after (having an early family christmas that weekend).
    As for October, last year was nearly unbearable. ; It was 90 degrees with 90% humidity a few days (this being between the 20-30th of Oct.). ; I might consider it on short notice (2-3 weeks ahead of time) and decent temps.

8. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

we are planning on being there the first week of november for 'jersey week' for the 4th year in a row.

9. ELinder

ELinder Member

I've never seen the Halloween party, so I'll most likely be going this year.

Erich

10. hulagirl

hulagirl Member

We'll be there from the Wednesday before, til the Monday after. ; Just 5 days this year...but we're doing CA beaches and going to Disneyland for 5 days too, so it's all good. :)

11. hulagirl

hulagirl Member

Jay...if these were my old college days, I'd ask to crash on your couch, but I think I'm too old for that nowadays. ;)

I really wish I could go, though. ; I'd love to meet you in person.

12. Roger

Uhh, do you really want to do that? ; It's not like it looks on TV....[nb]South Padre Island isn't the best either and it was heads and tails over CA. ; Catalina is better. But nothing compares to Hanauma Bay for me.[/nb]

13. Stitch

Stitch Member

I totally agree with you. The Halloween party is the best!

14. hulagirl

hulagirl Member

;
    I grew up in So. CA, Roger. ; I know what I'm doing. ;) ; In fact, my profile pic was taken on a CA beach. ; I know how it can be...and I know how it can be. ; It's my place.

15. Roger

It's changed too much. ; :(

16. hulagirl

hulagirl Member

I feel your pain, Roger. ; Funny thing is, my dad would say the same about Hanauma Bay.
    There is still beauty there. ; You just have to look a little harder these days. ; It's been awhile since I've been able to sit on a CA beach and think. ; It was the place I always went as a girl, when times were hard and I needed peace. ; I go back..even now, when I feel that way...

Jay, I'm sorry we temporarily hijacked your thread. ; This is just a subject close to my heart. ; Carry on.

[attachments posted prior to 4/27/2010 have been deleted by admin. be sure to link images to make sure they don't get removed]

17. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

I am hoping to do MNSSHP this year- earlier rather than later so I can share a few pictures while they are relevant. ; I have not been in quite a while and seeing all the great pictures last year was killing me.

OT but my 9yo daughter has now deemed the Disney Halloween party "Lame" and wants to go to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios instead. ;

18. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

They do need to change things up a bit. ; I have gone the past two years with the same results (but expected that), but was also watching a Lang Video of the Party from more than a few years ago and it seemed to be the same as that as well. ; I think that it is great for kids if all you want to do is stand in line for candy all night (the line in Toon Town for the Candy Trail to Tomorrowland) was wrapped well in front of Goofy's Barnstormer. ; However, it is a cheaper way to spend 8 hours at the park (they start letting guests in around 4pm even thought the party does not start until 7pm) if you are only there for a few days and do not want to use up a day on your tickets.

19. Stitch

Stitch Member

For those of you that do the Halloween party... costume or no costume? I'm costume all the way and I really think that makes the difference in the time you have.

20. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

No costume for me. ;