New Animal Kingdom Tour

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by Scottwdw, Oct 15, 2010.

1. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

If anyone watched "Extreme Home Makeover" tonight, I believe they showed the Safari Vehicles that this tour will be using. ; Looked like a small tour bus with no seats (or maybe a bench in the middle).

2. gary

gary Member

actually it would be a good thing if disney would really spell out when and where no photography, ends on tours, we took the backstage tour at ak a couple of years ago, and while it was wonderful and worth every penny, because of the strict no photo rules, i never even brought a camera along, only to find out that the last part of the tour we were loaded onto our very own safari truck, the tour guide got on with us, and we proceeded to do the safari making many complete photo op stops. would hve been my best chances for many sharp in focus stuff. i may even take it again just for that reason

3. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I made the same mistake as Gary when I took the steam train tour. ; There were no photo restrictions at all.

4. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

And that is what I figured would happen on this tour. ; A portion of No Photos followed by areas where photography is available.

5. mSummers

mSummers Member

I think the problem with the tours is that the rules differ slightly from tour to tour, so the reservations folks have just defaulted to saying "no cameras." ; Every time I book the steam trains tour, they tell me that cameras aren't allowed and every time there is at least one family that is upset that they could have brought their cameras. ; Fortunately I read about the tour online before I took it the first time and found out that they do allow cameras and knew to take mine. ; The only restrictions they have are that no pictures are allowed of the security booth on the entrance road and no pictures of the bus service facility.

I would guess that even if they start allowing cameras on this tour, they will still say no cameras when the list the rules at the time of booking. ;

6. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

The new Wild Africa Trek tour has started. ; Inside The Magic has posted a report already.

Note that cameras are allowed, with the restriction that they must be tethered to your harness and either secured to your body or stowed in a pocket. ; I take this to mean you're restricted to a P&S, perhaps with a Blackrapid FastenR2 screwed into the tripod socket as a point to hook a caribiner.

The tour price is only $129 until Feb. 26, 2011.

7. RocketTom

RocketTom Member

8. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Looks like this might be worth the money at some point, now that I have read the reviews and that they do allow cameras (to some extent).

9. I booked this yesterday for my Feb trip and when I asked the person on the phone about cameras, he didn't really seem confident as he stumbled through the answer, but eventually said a small camera would be acceptable.

10. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

I'm wondering if WillCAD's harness (one of which I own) would qualify your camera as being securely attached to your body?

11. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Looking at the review, it looks like they give you a vest that you would caribiner the gear to. ; This vest doubles as your safety harness.

brought to you by an (HTC) "Incredible" Guy.