Lightroom Dupe Image Finder

Discussion in 'The Digital Darkroom' started by Tim, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Found this little beauty while searching for this very thing. It will search your Lightroom folders, find the duplicate files, create a smart collection with all them and reject all but the first copy of the photo. It ignores virtual copies.
    AND ITS FREE!

Download link: http://www.bungenstock.de/teekesselchen/

Usage: Close LR, install, re-open LR, go to Library > Plugin Extras > teekesselchen (the plugin is in English)

2. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

So here's a question... I don't use Lightroom (or the CC subscription) but do you think it would be worth it for even just a month to cull out the duplicates? I'm sure I have tons of them taking up space on my 1TB photo HDD. How hard is it to import/ designate those folders in Lightroom? Just wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

You could always try to download a lightroom 6 demo and see if you like it. Setting up your folder structure the way you want is effortless. Lightroom itself just manages the files. Kind of like the way iTunes manages your music. Once I "got" that concept, using lightroom was very easy.

All of your edits are stored as meta-data; the actual editing process is lossless, meaning your original files are never touched.