IT'S OFFICIAL - BAY LAKE TOWER AT CONTEMP. RESORT IS DVC!

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by Tim, Sep 16, 2008.

1. mPower

mPower Member

Tree House yes, BLT, probably not so much for us. My wife and I watched last Thursday's 'Disney's Best Kept Secret' on dvr last night, and both thought that the new rooms looked far too like an Ikea ad.

2. yup 29 points for a Magic Kingdom view during Christmas week...yikes! We just got a book about BLT from DVC yesterday. I love getting mail from Disney! now if they would just call us so we can start booking our trip!

3. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

My DVC Guide told me yesterday that the BLT has annual dues at $3.67/point which makes it one of the cheapest for annual dues. I suspect that it's because the resort will have a smaller footprint than the other DVC resorts which spread out for miles. That's because the BLT goes up into the heavens instead of out.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  4. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I am sure that they are using this to justify the extra cost of the per night points also

5. Grumpwurst

Oh, no! The justification is that it's the only Monorail DVC resort and is walking distance to the Magic Kingdom

6. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

agreed! Dina and I are calling this The Tomorrowland Tower not BLT. This is probably about as close as you can build to a theme park, and not just any theme park, the most popular theme park in the world!

I am thrilled that Disney is not charging even more. Because there are probably enough DVC members worldwide (especially with current USD) that "if you aren't going to buy or stay, we don't care, because the next family will!"
    I view this DVC property as pure supply and demand. "If you want to go stay in another hotel closer to the best theme park in the world, go ahead!"

Luckily, DVC seems to be nicer than that!

7. Grumpwurst

I predict a lot of foreign purchases into the DVC. Right now it's good to be making overseas dollars because the US$ is weak in comparison.

But, even when the AKL went up for sale, it took a few months before developer points and such were offered to those who bought in.

8. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Ah, but the dollar is on the rebound, and the international credit market is in just as much of a tailspin as the US financial one. I think the "cheap dollar" foreign market is on the decline.

9. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

just got my promo materials from DVC and it is exciting. only problem is it STARTS at $5600 for members for a 50 point add-on ($112 point) and it would take a MINIMUM of 141 / week for a MK view room (slowest time, studio room). OUCH!

10. Craig

11. Grumpwurst

contemporaryresort.net your one stop shop for all information related to the Contemporary Resort and Bay Lake Tower :)

12. Craig

Thanks Ray
    That site is really growing. I started it just to have my contemporary pics in their own place, but I'm finding that the site is morphing into bigger things as I add videos, menus, and some commentary.
    I add stuff to the site as I see a need for it to use as reference. I am really proud of being able to get the videos for BLT and post them on my own site, since there is no doubt that Disney will pull and change their own sites and videos once BLT is done and open.
    I am also pretty proud of my atrium and tower club pages

13. Grumpwurst

Well keep it up. I'm sure you could quickly become the "AllEars.NET" for the Contemporary....haha

14. Craig

Official TMIP Photos of Bay Lake Tower- Studio

We toured the models of the new Bay Lake Tower Rooms. The models are located at the DVC Center at Saratoga Springs. They have a studio and a one bedroom suite set up to the exact scale and size of the real thing. It is also set up in a way to show how the studio and one room suite can be combined to create a two bedroom suite.
    The one bedroom suite is very nice and spacious. It totals just over 1100 sq. feet.
    The studio, however, is small. In the intial press releases, Jim Lewis refers to "glamping" at the new Treehouse Villas. He may have really meant the studios at Bay Lake Tower! The studio room feels like an RV or boat. It even has a lift up cabinet door in the kitchen.
    Perhaps the most disturbing design in the Bay Lake Tower Studio is the Kitchen/Bathroom. There is no sink in the bathroom! We were told that the idea is that more than one person can be "getting ready" at the same time. However, the thought of using the restroom and then going into the kitchen to wash your hands seems unsanitary to me. I am really surprised that this is acceptable to current building codes. The kitchen has a bathroom vanity setup on one wall and the kitchen on the other wall. There is about 2 1/2 feet of walkway in the kitchen between these two setups.
    The studio comes in at just over 300 sq. feet. This is about 100 sq. feet less than a standard room at the Contemporary.
    One thing about the models that is fantastic, is all the hidden Mickeys and very visible Mickey themes. The Contemporary Resort in its current theme is very devoid of Mickey Mouse.

I also created new pictures by using the artwork that is hanging in the models.

[​IMG]

STUDIO: Click HERE to see the entire STUDIO Gallery
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

photo I created:
    [​IMG]

15. Craig

Official TMIP Bay Lake Tower Pictures- One Room Suite

And here are photos from the one room suite model:

One Room Suite: Click HERE to see the entire one room suite gallery

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And more pictures that I created from artwork:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this one is very cool. Look at all the detail hidden in that living room picture:
    [​IMG]

16. Grumpwurst

You may be the first non-Disney person to have posted pictures of the rooms!

17. Tim

thanks for sharing these, craig. cool stuff.

18. Craig

You bet Tim!
    wanted to make sure TMIP got the scoop!

Ray, that would be neat!

19. Tim

good stuff, thanks.

20. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Craig these are awesome! I really like the ones that you created. That other photo with all of the detail is amazing. Thanks for posting!