"Is your house on fire, Clark?"

Discussion in 'Where Am I?' started by Tim, Jul 11, 2009.

1. goofmick

goofmick Member

Yak and Yeti

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

DING!

see the previous hint...
    you're starting to think on the right track, but not correct... ; getting slightly warmer though, ya' know. ; not there yet, i'm afraid.

3. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I missed the 'yak', but got the 'yeti'...that's what threw me over to Everest...plus I thought 'on the right track' was also a reference.

I found more clues than you actually meant to leave! ; :)

4. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

Tusker House?

5. Tim

you ARE joking, right?

6. goofmick

goofmick Member

Since Grump went on over to the Tusker House does that mean I get the solve?? ;D ;D

7. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I was confused there for a moment as well when Tim repeated the clues. ; Made it look like the correct guess was incorrect.

8. Grumpwurst

Yes, I thought he was replying to my and GoofMick's guess for Yak & Yeti being wrong, so I kept on guessing

9. Tim

I did say ding! right after you both said yak and yeti so I am not sure where the confusion came from.

10. Grumpwurst

THis is where the confusion came from....
    Also, when I replied with Tusker House, the bold and underline wasn't there

11. Tim

ah.... ; i forgot to add the "see the previous hint" text... ; it's there now. ; but you still missed the DING! ; :D

12. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I just figured the "Ding" was the fire bell because Clark's house might have been on fire. ;)

13. dan43

dan43 Member

Haha, a lot of people wouldn't guess line is from "Christmas Vacation". ; Uncle Lewis says to Aunt Bethany, "They want you to say GRACE!". ; Aunt Bethany says, "Grace? ; She passed away 30 years ago!" ; ROFL! ; Side bit of trivia here - Aunt Bethany is played by Mae Questel, who was the voice of the original Olive Oyl cartoon character, and also was the voice of Betty Boop in the original Boop cartoons.

Guessing at this one... though I've only read a few responses (but had to comment on the line)... and it's probably been solved by now, but... ; OK, I admit, in my infinite Disney wisdom and extensive knowledge, I'm stumped.

14. Tim

yak and yeti was the correct answer.

"you shouldn't have done thar aunt Bethany"
    "oh dear, did I _____ ____?!"

15. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

something smells rotten in the state of Denmark (and here in Illinois as well) ;)

16. Tim

sewer gas?

17. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Oh, I thought it was from someone "breaking wind"... ; Wait, no, it's the presents...

18. Tim

does your cat like jello?

19. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

my favorite line in the movie because the whole scene cracks me up:

"****ter was full"