Howdy from Orlando!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by FloridaLeisure, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Hi folks,
    I'm Nigel Worrall and I live just a few minutes from the mouse in Orlando, Florida. Upfront Disclosure: I own a vacation rental company called Florida Leisure Vacation Homes but I'm not here to hawk/flog/sell renting a home when you visit this wonderful part of the world. My focus is photography and learning more about how to take great shots at WDW. My photography site is http://www.FloridaLeisurePhotography.com and I started getting involved more and more with photography as my blog and my other social media took off. I now have over 150,000 people who watch, read and communicate via social media and I found more and more need for good images.

So about three years ago I developed my love for photography that I'd always had since the age of 6 when I had an old Olympus trip 35mm that still lives in the drawer of my desk. Living in Orlando, there is always so much to see and do and I've been very fortunate to be able to photograph and record many events over the last few years... including the opening of Fantasyland. (You can see my shots from that on my photography site.)

I'm keen to learn more and to also help assist any of you with future trips. One thing I'd love to do is try and work with my Disney contacts to see if we can somehow get early access every so often to facilitate photographers needs. Not sure if any of you want that sort of thing but I'd be interested in knowing if any of you think there's any merit in it as there are certainly times when I'd value no crowds being around for certain shots.

Hope that brief intro works...
    Best
    Nigel

Attached Files:

2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Howdy from Orlando!

Welcome to the forums Nigel!

3. gary

gary Member

welcome

4. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Welcome Nigel!!

5. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Welcome aboard, Nigel. ; I'm looking forward to browsing your photos.

6. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Welcome, Nigel. ; Thanks for joining!

7. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Welcome Nigel. Looking forward to your shots. I will be sure to check out your site as well.

8. mSummers

mSummers Member

Welcome aboard Nigel!

9. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Indeed - I'll add to the chorus of welcomes, Nigel.

I'm not as local as you, but up there quite often, usually every few months...so if you ever want to meet up there for some shooting, let me know. ; I always post trip notices when I'm booked up there - and sometimes even go solo with no family or friends so I can enjoy concentrating on nothing but photography!

10. HPS3

HPS3 Member

Hi Nigel, nice to meet you! Ill be sure to check out your site.

Harry