Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by minijeni, Feb 27, 2011.

1. minijeni

minijeni Member

Hello!
    My name is Jen and I was very excited to find this group through Celebrations magazine. ; My husband and I travel to Disney twice a year and have been DVC members since 2001. ; I always have a camera in my hand looking for that perfect shot. ; I currently travel with four cameras, Canon, Nikon (my first and trying to learn) a pocket digital (for that quick shot) and a water proof digital. ; My husband just shakes his head... ;)

I really want to learn how to take good night pictures, especially the fireworks and the parades, always so difficult for me ; :(

I hope to also figure out how to post a picture on here. ; I tried once but it said it was too big. ; :'(

Jen

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Welcome, Jen, and thanks for finding us. ; If you want to improve your photography, this is the place for you!

Attached photos are limited by size in kb. ; As of now, they are limited to 500kb each or 1000kb (1 meg) total per post. ;

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Welcome!!! ; Cant wait to see your shots when you get the downsizing figured out, it took me a while for that!

4. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Welcome, Jen. ; Don't be afraid to ask questions. ; That's how we all learn.

One of the easier ways to post pictures is to upload them to a Flickr account. ; Once they're in Flickr you can go to the photo's page and click "Share This" at the top. ; Click "Grab the HTML/BBCode," select BBCode, set the image size then copy the code in the box and paste it into your TMIP post.

5. gary

gary Member

well welcome aboard, the resize thing is easier than it looks, just remember that max kb limit and total post and you'll be ok, maybe for the first few, resize them before hand in a separate folder, if you post to any kind of hosting site, flickr, smugmug, etc, most of those have some sort of autoresize options
    and welcome to lesson one, do you have a tripod, do you take it to wdw, and do you use it, esp at night, that's a big thing here, we all use tripods at night, that's how we get those sharp wonderfully colored shots. a tripod is the one essential piece of nightime disney photography you need to have, there is no substitute, well maybe a garbage can will do. but being rock stable is essential

6. goofmick

goofmick Member

Welcome!

7. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Welcome!

8. minijeni

minijeni Member

Thank you everyone! ; I finally posted my first picture! ; :)

9. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Welcome Jenn! ; You can and will learn a lot from these folks, I know I have!

10. Zeagle

Zeagle Member

Welcome aboard!!! Lots of great advice and friendly faces around these parts... Just be careful to not feed the animals... ; :D
    Looking forward to seeing your pics.

11. mSummers

mSummers Member

Welcome aboard Jen!

12. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Welcome to our family Jen. Can't wait to see your pics.

13. dishippy

dishippy Member

Welcome Jen!