flickr pro worth it?

Discussion in 'Photography 101' started by Deano, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Deano

Deano Member

hopefully this is in the right place, is flickr pro worth it. a lot of people are surprised i'm not on flickr yet and i'm thinking about it, but i'm not sure to go pro or not

anyone any thoughts or experiance

2. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Member

Why not start out by trying the complimentary service? ; That's what I use; I've heard the pro service is good, but I'm too cheap to pay for it.

3. I've been a flickr pro almost since the beginning. For me it was simply about uploads. The free service was too restrictive.

4. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

I am a latecomer to the flickr party but I immediately went pro just for the freedom it offers for a small amount of money. ;

5. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Same for me as far as going pro because of how cheap it was for what they are giving.

6. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

I started out with a free account but upgraded quickly- pretty good value for unlimited service.

7. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I also started with the free account, but upgraded to pro to get around the three-group limit. ; I'm surprised at how much I use it now.

8. I was thinking about going pro, but I am also too cheap to do so.

Try it out, and if you like it, and you think it'll be worth doing, do it.
    Everyone is different, so what one person might need, might be less storage, or what not then you do.