Finding Nemo: The Musical

Discussion in 'Disney's Animal Kingdom Photos' started by Red_Helicopter, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Sounds like this show has requested "no photography" in the past. When I was there today, they only requested no flash/video lighting. Had seat on the 2nd row, nabbed a few shots. Here are the good ones.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

the "no photos" has been lifted for quite awhile, so it seems.
    i was able to score MANY photos from dead center in the back of the theater last summer with the CM's blessing.
    nice exposures.

3. These are BEAUTIFUL! I have some good shots but nothing that close!

4. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Very nice closeup work there...I love that the actors express themselves like the character's personalities.

I only took photos in there once, and I was back on the 2nd tier right where the walkway cuts across as you come in. The view was good from there, and nothing blocking in front of me, but it was quite far for photos. I managed a few decent ones with my 18-250 lens, but not as good as yours!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  5. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Good shots - Is that the same girl doing Dory since the opening?

6. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

I doubt it; the original cast went back to NYC I believe, which was a reason for the no photography - because of their contract.

7. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Good shots. This is such an awesome show. Too bad I missed it on our last trip.

8. Paul

Paul Member

Those are nice shots indeed. I can't wait to see it again since I've only had a chance to see it once.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  9. Nope thats not the girl in the Travel Channel special.

10. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Heck it doesn't even look like the same from last Feb:

[​IMG]

11. WDWmemories

WDWmemories Member

Very nice pictures! ; I took a bunch and most were blury because of the lighting conditions.

12. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

I will be sure to take the 70 - 200, 2.8 for this show on the next trip.

13. gary

gary Member

a short selection from last week, all shot with primes, either the 100mm f2 or the 200mm f2.8 L, i must have looked like a frantic lens changer to anyone sitting nearby as i kept changing back and forth between the 2 lenses, probably 8-10 lens changes in all
    this was the first trip ever to the world where i took almost all prime shots, usually 95% of my shots anywhere are the 24-105mm f4 L, that's my walkabout, tim also, in the bag this trip, 50mm f1.4, 100mm f2, 200mm f2.8L, 1.4 teleconvertor, not used, 24-105mm f4 L, 17-40mm f4 L, i'm really toying with making pixelmania all primes, just for the challenge and change

[attachment deleted by admin]

14. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

Those are some fabulous shots Gary

15. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Great shots to all of you. ; I am looking forward to finally getting to see this come August.

16. gary

gary Member

thanks ray, i was very pleased with the outcomes of the decision to go mostly primes

17. PolynesianMedic

I am REALLY considering picking up the nifty fifty which would give me a prime that shot at 80mm, I think, and should be fast enough to get something similar in quality to these.

18. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

If you get the "nifty fifty" make sure you sit far enough back. ; Last time we went, I was in the lower level and was too close to get many of the shots I'd like to get

19. I took my nifty fifty to see Nemo and sitting about three quarters of the way back, it did an awesome job!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. PolynesianMedic

I'll say, Thanks for posting those!