Finding Dory

Discussion in 'Disney News, Rumors and Current Events' started by NiaIsabelle, Apr 29, 2014.

1. NiaIsabelle

NiaIsabelle Member

I was searching the internet yesterday and found out about the new disney movie that they are creating which is the sequel of "Finding Nemo" that will be entitled "Finding Dory" to be released sometime 2015/2016? What do you think? Do you think it's smart of them to create a sequel of the movie and what do you think will be the storyline of this sequel "Finding Dory"?

2. Wolfhyrr

Wolfhyrr Member

I don't know and I sincerely don't wanna find out. I couldn't bear the movie if I don't get 99% of dory on screen. Dory is just the best thing that has ever happened to sea life.

Bloomsie likes this.
  3. QueenElsa

QueenElsa Member

Not sure...I'd have to see a trailer or something first to make an opinion..I will definitely see it and give it a try though. I thought Cars 2 was going to be absolutely ridiculous, and it was actually pretty cute..I imagine Finding Dory will be more of the same.

4. Peninha

Peninha Member

I think that Finding Nemo raised the bar really high, so I think that finding Dori could be as huge as Finding Nemo, but they will have to work really hard to make that happen, some really smart screenplay and good execution. I think it's possible, but again, the bar is really high!

5. Bloomsie

Bloomsie Member

I have mixed feelings in regards to having a sequel. Sometimes there are movies that don't necessarily need a second one and I think that Finding Nemo is one of them. I mean, Nemo is back home with his family... I don't see what there could be. To now find a fish who has no memory or recollection of things in general? I think it's a bit too cliche. Like you would know that's bound to happen at any time. Granted, I love Finding Nemo and it's characters. I just think that Disney could do a little bit better in respect to this plot. It lacks creativity.

urRei likes this.
  6. PvtParts

PvtParts Member

I hope they find a way to make this a story worth telling. I hate it when they make sequels that don't stack up to the original.

But imagine the visuals though. It's been a decade. Imagine how immersive it's going to feel returning to Nemo's world!

7. Streak

Streak Member

I definitely plan on watching it. I would love for my son to be into movies enough by then for it to be something I take him to see. (He's 18 months right now, not at an age where he could sit through a movie).

Whether or not I will like it is not something I could answer until after seeing it. Choosing to do a sequel that focused on Dory was a good choice. She was a popular character. I'm hopeful.

8. g2narat

g2narat Member

Oh I am so going to watch it. Dory is just my all time favorite Disney character. She is too adorable and hilarious!

9. PvtParts

PvtParts Member

By the way, did you guys notice the improvement in the visuals between Monsters Inc. and Monsters University? Some of the shots for Monsters University could've easily been mistaken for real photography! And the eyes! Oh my god, the eyes! Compare Mike's eyeball in Monsters Inc. with his eyeball in Monsters University. The eyeball looks real in University. I'm not even joking. Look at it yourselves, peeps.

Just to make you guys imagine how great the visual experience will be looking at the underwater world in Finding Dory will be when it comes out in 2016!

10. Jeremy Gilkes

Jeremy Gilkes Member

I've only seen pictures of it so far. No trailers as of late but the production pictures look good. They're incredibly hard to find.

11. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarie Member

I think it is a great idea for Disney to make a sequel to Finding Nemo! I absolutely loved this movie and would not mind seeing a 2 as long as the second one lives up to the first one. Finding Dory sounds like it would be pretty entertaining. I know I would go see it and I have not even seen a trailer yet!

12. DavitosanX

DavitosanX Member

Well, they pulled it off with Toy Story and Monsters Inc., so it's possible that it's good. Maybe it just has to be a story that needs to be told, not just taking advantage of popular characters to sell tickets. Since Finding Nemo was made more than 10 years ago, I'm confident that's not the case.

13. Edware

Edware Member

I will definitely watch this! I really enjoyed Finding Nemo and Dory was such an awesome character so I'm definitely looking forward to this.

14. JGPangi

JGPangi Member

Finding Nemo was an alright movie for me, and the characters really made it shine as well as the beautiful depictions of ocean life. I hope they bring back Bruce and Crush. As for the story, sequels are pretty hit and miss. They've been doing pretty well so far though, so let's keep our hopes up!

15. TheGrey

TheGrey Member

Well, I think it makes more sense than calling it Finding Nemo, since Nemo's already been found. :p Unless the made another plotline that involved looking for Nemo, and I'm not sure how they'd do that without being repetitive. Though the fact that all fish seem to do is get lost and then look for each other is, in itself, kinda repetitive.

16. Aprax

Aprax Member

I'm guessing the storyline will be about Finding Dory.. not sure though. ;)

17. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

My guess on storyline is maybe more of an origin story and finding out who Dory really is. Does she have a family she has forgotten? What caused her to lose her long term memory?

18. rawrisback

rawrisback Member

When I first read this, it was April 1 and I swear I thought it was an April Fool's joke. When I realized it was actually real, I didn't know what to expect. I loved Finding Nemo but I'm kinda skeptical with this. Don't get me wrong, I loved Dory in the first movie, but it's just weird that they're now finding her. What happened? Her amnesia became gradual and begins to forget everyone?

urRei likes this.
  19. urRei

urRei Member

When I read this, I was like "seriously?". Finding Nemo is one of my all-time favorites. It had a fair amount of everything that can make a movie great and timeless. However, too much of Dory and her cluelessness (due to her short-term memory) can make the movie annoying instead of enjoyable. It wouldn't be as emotionally-involving as finding your own kid too, as in the case of Finding Nemo. I don't know, this is just my impression. We'll see when it comes out.

20. Tom R.

Tom R. Member

I am thrilled these characters are being revisited! If done well I see no reason that this sequel would diminish the original film. I WANT to know more about Dory, I WANT to see Nemo and his Father and what they are doing since they were reunited. Do they hang out with the fish from the dentist's office? Add some adventure and back story? Yep, I'm in. This reminds me of when I was young and I would see a particular Disney movie, Mary Poppins for example, and I would wonder, "which family will she visit now that the Banks are going to be o.k.?" Now that I'm older with nieces and nephews (and with the Toy Story trilogy done so well) I'm happy those kinds of questions might be answered for them by continuing adventures with established characters.