Extra Magic Hours extended to Disney Springs hotels

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Planning & Transportation' started by ddindy, Dec 18, 2017.

1. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I just received a special email from Mousesavers saying that guests staying at the Disney Springs area hotels will be able to attend Extra Magic Hours during 2018. For those like me who are less than happy with the refurbished rooms at Pop Century, those hotels might be worth a look for Pixelmania 2018.

WDWFigmentGary likes this.
  2. Although I don’t agree with this but it is what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

The weird part of all this is that you now lose the incentive of staying on Disney property. So how does this pay off for Disney? Granted you’d have more people in the parks for that extra hour or two but does that offset the revenue lost by someone now staying off property?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Not cool.

5. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

Here is some more info on the touringplans site. Note that people at these resorts also get the 60 day FP+ reservation window. As @RedOctober25 notes, I am not sure how this benefits anyone but the non-Disney resorts. It doesn't seem like the parks are hurting for attendance. I'd think this would even compete with DVC sales. Maybe Disney is planning on buying out these resorts too...

6. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Or maybe the Disney resorts are filling up faster than they can build them. I looked at a special deal that Mousesavers had on the B Hotel. The room rate was much cheaper than Pop, and the room had two beds and a carpet, but it costs $22 a night to park and there's a $27 daily resort fee (which was waived for the special deal). So, as much as I dislike the new room design at Pop, I'll be booking a room there for Pixelmania.