Expedition Everest

Discussion in 'Disney's Animal Kingdom Photos' started by AUBandPilot, Nov 16, 2006.

1. gary

gary Member

everybody scream part 2!!

2. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

MoreE2 shots

Who is that guy in the foreground taking a pic of E2? Could it be Tim Devine?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  3. Imaginerd

Imaginerd Member

A little bit different of a view,

[​IMG]

4. great shot, MickeyWill !! :eek:

5. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

did anyone else notice the female "chimping" in the front seat of gary's "part 2" photo?

for those who dont know, "chimping" is a somewhat negative term for the practice of looking at your photos on your camera's viewscreen while in public, as if one was showing off or hoping to be noticed. there is a degree of intent to this, merely reviewing your photos discreeting is not chimping, IMHO.

6. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

Wonderfal shot MickeyWill!!

7. gary

gary Member

i can't decide if she's "chimping" or actually trying to keep taking pictures, i personaly chimp all the time, if not the image then the histogram, although the 20d is only a 1 line histo, the 3 color is where it starts to be really useful, i think the people that look down on the practice are photo/gear snobs who feel they get it perfect the first time out so no need to chimp. truth be told i'll bet their percent of keepers might even be less than the rest of us mere mortals, and i'm not about to stop doing it. the only downside is it does lessen battery life. i do it mostly to verify how i'm doing on colors, lcd too small to really get a feel for the sharpness.
    gary

8. Imaginerd

Imaginerd Member

I agree, I do it to see if I need to retake the picture or how can I improve this. The first time I heard the term was with Tim during the trail meet. Since then, I kinda feel bad doing it and feel ashamed.

9. dawholagn

dawholagn Member

For those not in the know: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/chimping
    I can honestly say that I've never been "caught" chimping. I'm usually the one sitting on the balcony of wherever I stay at looking at the LCD at the end of the day and saying "junk, junk, junk, ok, junk, junk..." :p Hoenstly; i don't mind chimping for the most part. It is the digital age afterall. The only time it drive me crazy is when someone is showing off their LCD screen in my shot. ;)

[​IMG]

Ok; now to get back on topic. :D

[​IMG]

10. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

E2 shot

11. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

Another shot of E2

12. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Here is one from yesterday morning... :D Pardon my arm in the shot.

[​IMG]

I was trying to change my ISO settings heading down backwards in the dark but it didn't work out so well. :( I think next time I ride I will go with the camera set to Yeti Mode right from the queue.

13. Tim

yesterday? it was 15 degrees in new jersey and you're playing in animal kingdom.... hrmph! :mad:

14. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

15 degrees? :'( Yuck!

LOL - I saw a few people were actually braving Kali River Rapids yesterday- it was in the low 60's. Nice day but too cold to get soaked.

15. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

Great pic for E2.

Would love to be there. minus 10 in Indiana yesterday and today 0 with 6 inches of snow and wind. Time for a WDW trip.

16. TinkAttitude

TinkAttitude Member

here's a novice shot from the front seat!
    :eek:

17. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Here is the same shot from a week or so ago but this time at 10mm - I thought the difference was kind of interesting.

Notice the steps? I thought at first - wow no hand rail I would hate to have to walk down those - but then I looked closer. It looks like there is a hand rail that can deploy as needed. Kind of cool huh?

[​IMG]

Click Here to see full size.

18. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

And here are a couple of my daughter going with me- her 2nd time on EE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Tim

interesting little hidden detail. never noticed that before.

20. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Got this going up the first little incline.

[​IMG]