ever wondered what the signs in Stitch's Great Escape say?

Discussion in 'The Magic Kingdom Photos' started by Dan, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Dan

Dan Member

Have you ever noticed all the alien language signs inside Stitch's Great Escape?

Ever wondered what they say?

I did, and this time during Mousefest I finally took pictures of as many of them as I could so I could work on translating them.

2. Dan

Dan Member

In truth this wasn't difficult at all, because several signs are repeated in English. I didn't want to take the easy route though, so I ignored them and used the plaque as my main translation target. Still it wasn't difficult, I've played with such simple decoding concepts before, but it was fun.

The first sign may be one of the ones with a copy in English, I'm not sure. But it says:
    dedication
    this galactic federation prisoner teleport center is hereby dedicated to the preservation of peace and harmony throughout the galaxy by protecting the nice from the naughty
    the grand councilwomen
    2004 november 16

Yes, they spelled it councilwomen, with an E. I've double checked it, the error isn't mine. I've also double checked that they spell it councilwoman, with an A, elsewhere.. so I declare this an alien typo!

the sign on the teleporter platform says, surprisingly enough, "prisoner teleport".

The next sign says "extreme danger", and I find it interesting that they used an upside down exclamation point at the beginning. The words are really english letters with alien characters substituted, but they seem to have based some of the punctuation off of other languages.. this makes me think of Spanish.

Finally, the chair says "officers only". I don't know what the crest says though. It has what appear to be three characters.. but I haven't encountered them on any of the other signs I've translated. There's another crest on display elsewhere with the letters "ptc", presumably for "prisoner teleportation center".
    Those mystery characters annoy me. I can't have left three letters untranslated.. I think I didn't translate any Qs or Ks, but I don't know what the third could be, besides which.. what word beginning with Q would they work into a crest?

As to the words surrounding the pre briefing room and the briefing room.. they appear to be fragments of the dedication plaque. The odd thing is that the individual signs holding what looks like one or two words often have incomplete words.

I was kind of disappointed, I was hoping to find a hidden message somewhere, made for whoever would take the time to decode the language. But I found nothing that didn't fit with the rest of the theming. It's possible that I didn't get everything though, as it was I was taking pictures of these signs by lagging behind the rest of the crowd during an off peak time, and at that I only barely had enough time to do what I did. It was dark, I was taking pictures way beyond the usual hand holding limits for exposure time.. it didn't matter though, even blurred images were still usable so long as the alien characters were readable.

Still it was a fun exercise. From the moment I realized that they'd created a whole fake alien language I knew I had to decode it. I recently read that the language was made specifically for the ride, it sounds like it was based off of something that appeared in the movie, but that they had to extend that into a full set of letters.
    I appreciate that kind of detail.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  3. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

i think the first one says... "warning! this ride was so much better before the refurbishment"

sorry, had to do that....

4. Dan

Dan Member

I was kind of hoping for some sort of XS tech reference somewhere in the alien language stuff.

I totally agree though.

I took a cousin to WDW last year.. er.. two years ago now.. gotta remember that it's 2007.. and all I could do was describe how great it used to be, while pointing out all the half utilized remnants of the original.