Epcot - Spaceship Earth

Discussion in 'Epcot Photos' started by ddindy, Jan 22, 2015.

1. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Here's a thread for the inevitable Spaceship Earth photos that we all love to take.

2. ddindy

I used to work in a place like this, except that the room was filled with the computer and its associated peripherals (the 512k of memory required one refrigerator-sized cabinet) and the women were relegated to data entry jobs.

[​IMG]
    Think

3. ddindy

And here she is again, this time from the front. I got lucky and the ride slowed down a bit at this point.

[​IMG]
    Ready for the disco

4. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

5. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Saw this composition browsing through flickr and wanted to give my take on it. Used the Tokina 16-28mm lens at 16mm, tripod and did a three photo HDR image using Photomatix Pro.

[​IMG]
    Water Planet
    by Scott Thomas, on Flickr

antjus01 likes this.
  6. zackiedawg

This was a particular challenge to photograph - aside from being a little too close for my 35mm lens on a crop body, it's a bit on the dark side!:
    [​IMG]

Evad and Scottwdw like this.
  7. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

My first car was a red Chevy Vega but it was a hatchback.

8. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Just the outside typical photo at night...

[​IMG]

9. ddindy

How many times has this happened to you? You're slaving away copying a manuscript on a tight deadline, but you can't concentrate because of the snoring coming from the next cubicle.

[​IMG]
    Some Things Never Change

jbwolffiv likes this.
  10. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

As per the first PixelMania... I'm usually the guy snoring in that next cubicle over...

11. ddindy

@Scottwdw posted his "failed" experiment from Test Track yesterday. Today, it's my turn. Coming down the back side of Spaceship Earth, I glimpsed a long row of video monitors spewing forth someone's vision of the future. The next time I rode, I tried to capture that. Unfortunately there are only one or two spots where the curve is just right, and you have to find something for the camera to focus on, etc. Needless to say, I'm going to try a few more times until I get this right.

[​IMG]
    Future Experiment

Scottwdw likes this.
  12. zackiedawg

13. zackiedawg

I found that communication in the days of early man was sometimes far more advanced than we ever thought. This caveman had drawn a very advanced message - using Phoenician alphabet AND modern English language, and even referencing modern technology, as he proudly points out:
    [​IMG]

He spent the entire day pointing out his message to the thousands of people passing by in strange plastic cars, but no one seemed to be helping him out.

Roger likes this.
  14. ddindy

That's hilarious! And bad show.

15. zackiedawg

16. ddindy

Forty seven years ago, this is what almost everyone in the world was doing: Watching Neil Armstrong step onto the moon. Interestingly, the TV in this scene is playing the same CBS coverage of Apollo 11 with Walter Cronkite that I watched at the time.

[​IMG]
    Moongazing

17. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

It was such an achievement to bad later in life they stripped him of his cycling titles...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. ddindy

That was Lance, you ninny, not Neil. :D

19. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

My bad, I'm always getting those two mixed up. One a great cyclist and the other an awesome jazz musician.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20. zackiedawg

You know everytime I pass these two, I just feel like they're so familiar to me. I just can't place where I've seen them before!:
    [​IMG]

Just something about them is so familiar...
    ;)