Disneyland

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by Sean&Karen, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

Anyone going to disneyland in 2014? I was thinking about booking a trip maybe hitting up club 33

2. lightslicer

lightslicer Member

ITs on my "want to do this year " list- got a Dr. friend stationed out that way- wants me to come West....we shall see- also on my bucket list to go at least once in my lifetime. ;

3. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Isn't Club 33 going to be closed for a while here shortly? ; They have already closed the last quiet courtyard from NOS to make room for the expansion....

4. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

Roger, Not sure i dont think they would ever do anything to club 33 since people pay so much just for the membership...

5. Roger

6. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

They just opened up memberships like last year for the first time in 7 to 10 years .. but they did raise the price i think it was 10 - 12k a year now

7. ELinder

ELinder Member

Yikes! Where's that bug-eyed astonished smiley?

Erich

8. Woo hoo! ; I'm planning our first DL trip for this July!

I'm afraid to take pictures of the Club 33 door...as it may simultaneously debit my life savings!!! ; Geez!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Roger

FWIW the old door is basically gone...it won't be the new main entrance anymore.

10. While we're here...

I'm making a Carthay Circle / World of Color dining package reservation to get a good spot for WOC. ; I want to film the show with my dslr mounted on a tripod.

How should I approach camera settings? ; I usually go full manual, but have no experience with night time shooting--much less filming. ; ANY advice is welcome!

11. MJHurley

MJHurley Member

We are heading out in about three weeks. Hoping to get my sister to come down from Northern California for a visit. I got lucky in July and checked on using my dvc points at the grand Californian villas. I was able to get a one bedroom for the week that I could get away. I'll post pics when I get back.

12. I'm trying to decide on a rental add-on lens for our July Disneyland trip. ; Shooting with a D7000. ; I want something wide to use in the parks as well as for landscapes in the LA area. ; I'll have my 24-70mm already, so I'll need something in the 8-20mm range. ; So far, I've considered the Sigma 15mm fisheye, Nikon 10.5 fisheye, Rokinon 14mm, and Zeiss 15mm. ; Any thoughts?

13. ELinder

ELinder Member

I really like my Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8

Erich

14. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Looks like we are going to have to NIX Disneyland this year... ; Something about a baby, new house, and new (to us) car within the past 8 months. ; 2015 FOR SURE!!!

15. Roger

Ill second the Tokina. You will want a zoom.

16. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

TMIP 2015 @ the Land? Announcement??????????????

17. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

That would be ... ambitious. ; I'm not saying no, well, yes I am. ; NO. ; ;D

18. Mmmm, the Tokina looks interesting. ; How do you guys like the push/pull focus ring?

19. Roger

The push/pull focus ring is different then other lenses BUT it is easier then trying to find a switch on the lens if you need to quickly turn off AF and go to MF.