Disney Dream Christening Cruise

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Photos / Lost Attractions/ Cast Mem' started by Scottwdw, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Disney kept their cruise audience in mind when they made the AquaDuck. ; One must be 48" tall to ride it and it has it's thrills to start and around a dark tunnel as you go around the forward stacks. ; I think you are right as it's more of a thrill to see around the ship as you go. ; The tubes do go at a good clip. ; I saw many repeat riders and their was a buzz on the ship about it. ; Good indications but do not expect anything close to a water park's slide experience.

2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

But it is good to hear that there were repeat riders and a good buzz. ; Would hate to hear that people were saying it is not worth it.

3. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

On the morning of January 20th, Sam Champion of ABC's Good Morning America broadcasted live from the Disney Dream. ; I am sure those getting hit with the Nor'easter at the time appreciated it.

[​IMG]

4. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

On the funnel of the Disney Dream on Deck 11 is a state-of-the-art, 24-by-14 foot LED screen called Funnel Vision. This screen is clear and bright even in mid-day sunlight.

[​IMG]
    Nikon D700/28-300VR, 1/60s, f/3.8, ISO 800, EV 0, 32mm FL

5. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

The new Pelican Plunge water slide at Castaway Cay.

[​IMG]
    Nikon D700/28-300VR, 1/250s, f/16, ISO 200, EV 0, 28mm FL

6. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

More great shots Scott! ; That one of funnel vision at night is nice with the pool reflection.

7. mSummers

mSummers Member

Nice work Scott! ;

8. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Art Deco chandelier was custom designed for the Disney Dream and measures twenty-two feet in diameter. Decorated with Swarovski crystals, it’s covered with 24-karat gold plating and cascades thirteen feet down from the atrium ceiling.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Again, nice work Scott! ; Love them, keep them coming!

10. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Here's the adult only pool on the Disney Dream.

[​IMG]

11. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Remy is the 5-star restaurant of the high seas on the Disney Dream. ; It costs an extra $75 per person plus your wine pairings. ; It is a 7 course meal which takes 3 and a half hours to enjoy. I only toured the restaurant. ; :)

[​IMG]

Remy's Wine Vault dining room.
    [​IMG]

I did sample some of these.
    [​IMG]

This is the private dining room at Remy's. ; The young man is from France as all but three of the staff of Remy's.
    [​IMG]

You may recall this view from the animated feature, Ratatouille. The detail of this restaurant is amazing.
    [​IMG]

A typical table setting.
    [​IMG]

12. goofmick

goofmick Member

It looks very elegant. ; Nice shots.

13. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Here's a couple of photos from the two shows I saw in the 800 seat Walt Disney Theatre.

[​IMG]

Golden Mickeys
    [​IMG]
    Nikon D700/28-300VR, 1/125s, f/4.5, ISO 5600, EV -1.0, 58mm FL

Believe (this is a new show and it is a must see, IMO) Psst, the Genie steals the show.
    [​IMG]
    Nikon D700/1/125s, f/5.6, ISO 5600, EV -1.3, 250mm FL

14. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Awesome!!! You are spot on with the detail in that restuarant! ; Although I will pass on the $150 (wife and I) to dine there, sticking with the regular dining rotation. ; I really like the shot from the table, well done!!

15. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

16. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

We all should live there! ; I would like to get there in cooler weather, we have been there only in the summer when it is really hot!

17. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Across from Remy's is a stable of the Disney Cruise Line extended dining fare, Palo. There is an additional charge of $15 per person to dine here plus alcoholic beverages like wine.

[​IMG]

Palo features beautiful dining settings for their guests.

[​IMG]

18. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

The morning we were to coming into Castaway Cay, I got up early to see if I could catch a Caribbean sunrise. ; Did not have much luck with the sunrise as it was very cloudy. ; The Sun did appear over the clouds later and the day turned out perfect. ;

Here are some early morning scenes.

A fellow passenger braves the wind on Deck 12 forward as the Dream was heading in at 20+ knots.
    [​IMG]

A crew member making sure the Dream is both dry and clean before passengers start combing the decks.
    [​IMG]

The Dream flies under the Bahamas flag out of Nassau. ; I am sure there are all kinds of reasons for this.
    [​IMG]

A crew member raises the colors as they approach Castaway Cay.
    [​IMG]

The Sun makes an appearance some 20 minutes after rising over the horizon.
    [​IMG]

Side thrusters turn the Dream around for docking at Castaway Cay.
    [​IMG]

19. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

The Disney Dream docked at Castaway Cay.
    [​IMG]

Close up of the stern.
    [​IMG]

From the tram heading to Castaway Beach.
    [​IMG]

20. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

More great shots Scott, thanks so much for sharing. ; It helps with the wait for the next 5.5 months.