DHS - Indy Stunt Show

Discussion in 'Disney's Hollywood Studios Photos' started by jbwolffiv, Sep 3, 2015.

1. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Post your shots from the Indy Stunt Show here before it goes away!

2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Boy it is hot in there in July, and that fire doesn't help!

[​IMG]Run by John Wolff, on Flickr

Scottwdw likes this.
  3. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Just how close does that whip come to the stunt performers? I was surprised to see that it was curved just a few inches above and around the stunt performer's neck:
    [​IMG]

4. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

On my trip a couple of weeks ago, the show got screwed up. Indy did not come out of the top of the set but from behind the boulder ramp (possibly due to the threat of rain). The Cairo scene was halted due to a circumstance. We think a stunt person got hurt but it was not apparent to the audience. The last scene with the plane was all out of sync with fire not happening and explosions setting off well after they should have.

I must say after seeing this many, many times over the years, it was the first time I remember any problems. Not sure why so many in one show but I can not complain...too much. ;)

5. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I'd hate to think that the problems are caused by another attraction threatened with closure.

Back in December I decided to see what the show looked like late in the day. It was twilight time at the studios, and the stage lighting was much more noticeable. I recommend going to the last show of the day if you're there during the short days of winter.

[​IMG]
    A big one

Scottwdw likes this.
  6. mSummers

mSummers Member

Nice! I've never seen the show that late.

7. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

8. zackiedawg

9. ddindy

Here's another shot from the last show of the day in December. It wasn't really this dark, but sometimes fire-induced underexposure results in a really cool shot.

[​IMG]
    Indy lands a right cross

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
    mSummers likes this.
  10. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

The lighting is great there @ddindy. Looking forward to seeing the sunset show in December.

11. zackiedawg

12. ddindy

Indy and Marian - they're a couple of real swingers!

[​IMG]
    Swing Time

13. zackiedawg

Great punch face:
    [​IMG]

14. ddindy

Will Indy outrun the boulder? Tune in next week for another thrilling adventure!

[​IMG]
    That's No Moon

15. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Upped the shutter speed during the opening scene and let the ISO climb. Not bad...

[​IMG]
    Nikon D750 w/28-300VR, 1/250s, f/5.6, ISO 10,000, EV +1.0, 300mm FL, cropped

16. mSummers

mSummers Member

Nice work Scott!

Scottwdw likes this.
  17. zackiedawg

Too slow an aperture, too high an ISO, but still fun to shoot and despite all the noise, I still like it:
    [​IMG]

Scottwdw likes this.
  18. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Totally! Imagine trying to do this 10 or more years ago? Or, horrors...with a film camera.

19. ddindy

That's when we just sat and watched the shows. ;) Nice shot, @zackiedawg

20. ddindy