Booted!

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort (California)' started by RocketTom, Dec 27, 2010.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Neat shots - great colors indeed - got those blues. ; Too bad on the letters being all boarded up though.

BTW - any chance you could post me a tighter crop/close up in that last shot of the guy in the long red coat and whitish slacks walking towards the camera with the curly-headed woman, in the left of the frame? ; Hard to tell in that small size, but that looks an awful lot like a former coworker of mine named Ken...haven't seen him in years...just dying to know if that's him in your shot!

2. RocketTom

RocketTom Member

Tight crop, removed noise removal, boosted exposure.
    [​IMG]

3. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I had to think on that a while...it's awfully close. ; It has been years, and folks can change a hairline or face width. ; Looking at it close, I don't think it's him though. ; A doppleganger for sure...but probably not Ken. ; It was worth a try though...thanks for blowing it up!

4. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Well, I for one, am not sad to see the letters go. ; They made the lines to get in...a challenge. ;

Come on Disney's Hollywood Studios West![nb]Comment based on the current artist's rendering of the new entrance.[/nb]

5. RocketTom

RocketTom Member

Hollywood Studios West? Ewwww! Over on the Left Coast, we KNOW what Hollywood is like! Ewwwww!

I think that it's important to remember the name change to that park. It started out as California Adventureland, and folks thought it was another "land" from Disneyland. Then it change to California Adventure, but people kept referring to it as DCA - Disney's California Adventure. The stress of the words is that it was owned by, and is a Disney Corporate venue.

The official name is now "Disney's California Adventure", but instead of ownership of the organization, it's to put you in the steps of Walt as he knew California from 1929. It's an experience thing, not showing ownership (but yeah, it still does, huh?). I actually think it would be better named "Walt's California Adventure" but that leaves Roy out of the picture. I think that name change is *very* important - it will help you understand why they're doing what they're doing (not just making HS west... Sry!).

6. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

good explanation, tom.