BLT Sky Lounge

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by haunteddoc, Apr 5, 2011.

1. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

MK view from the BLT sky lounge on the 16th floor.

Attached Files:

2. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

That is a sweet view.

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Nice shot, we find ourselves there every night for Wishes in the summer.

4. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

Fireworks from BLT. ; I was very surprised at how far back they were.

Attached Files:

5. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Love it! ; Did you use any filters for that? ; What settings did you use? ; I have tried those shots more than once with not so good results.

6. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

Camera - ; Canon 7d
    Shutter - 1 min
    Aperature - 16
    Focus - manual

I used two ND filters, one 9x and the other 4x.

I set the focus manually by using the 10x mode in live view. ; I iset the exposure off the castle before the show.

I had to wait about 45 sec after each shot before I could take the next shot while the data was written to the memory card. ; I used a Lexar Professional 233x speed card ao a faster card would probably let you get more pics. I think I was able to get about 5 or 6 pics max. ; The framing was off in the first shots as I didn't know exactly where where they set off the fireworks. ;

7. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

Great shot of the fireworks.
    I shoot from the contemporary basically at the same settings. I dont have a nd filter, so I shoot at f22, iso 100 and shoot bulb.
    Also, manual focus is a must because the camera may start searching around in the dark for something to focus on. I really miss a hard infinity stop on the new lenses during the fireworks!

8. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Did you have any kind of long exposure noise reduction turned on? ; On my Nikon, if I have that feature enabled, it spends as much time processing the image as it did to take it, and you can't take another shot until it's finished processing.

Nice shots.

9. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

Yes I did. ; I'll try it without it and see if it makes any difference.

10. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

I turned off the long exposure noise reduction and the write to the card was cut from 60 sec to about 2 sec. ; Thanks for the tip.

11. MJHurley

MJHurley Member

Great shots Jim
    The fireworks shot is classic.

12. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I can't wait to get back to the Lounge during PixelMania ( staying at BLT the entire trip).