Best dollar value dining

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants and Dining' started by deblen4, Mar 25, 2012.

1. deblen4

deblen4 Member

We are spending 7 nights at Disney World, with a break in the middle for a 3 night Disney Dream cruise. ; I am planning on NOT buying the food plan this trip. ; My husband has health issues and we are planning on enjoying some nice meals out, but not buying the food plan as I find we eat far more than we need to eat. ; We will probably grab a quick breakfast of cereal, toast in our room as we are staying at Boardwalk and Old Key West in a studio. ;
    I am open to breakfast out, but what I am wondering is what places have you eaten at Disney World that you consider good buys for your dollar. ; I think for the current price of approximately $53 each per day for the food plan (plus tip and drinks) we can have some nice meals out without paying over $100 per day on food. ; Even if I bought an expensive all you can eat one day, I probably wouldn't eat as much the next day? ;
    Where do you eat if paying cash for your meals?

2. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

There are three places that jump out to me when you say value for money(at Disney anyway). Tangerine Cafe I find their platters are a great value we often eat there for dinner because of the volume of food you get. Plaza restaurant is a good choice for a sit down reasonable prices good portion sizes. Trails End I think its one of the best Values for bufets there is. Hope that helps.

3. iTinkSo

iTinkSo Member

At Old Key West, Olivia's has very good breakfast food. It's comparable to Kouzzina's. We also like Turf Club at Saratoga Springs for dinner and Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Lodge for lunch. For a nice breakfast at $20 each, including two beverages, The Wave breakfast buffet is excellent: lox and bagels, sweet potato pancakes, and eggs Benedict!

4. trenchant

trenchant Member

I wish I had known these places before our vacation.
    I'll definitely be keeping these in mind for future visits.
    Food at Disney is absurdly expensive on top of an already expensive trip to begin with, so saving money in any way possible is always welcomed.

5. brandon0818x

brandon0818x Member

I'll be sure to make note of these for my next trip! Saving money is definitely a concern for me since everything is already so expensive! Thanks for the information! it's really appreciated!