2011 Pixelmania attendees

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by Tim, May 19, 2011.

1. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Awesome! ; Can't wait to see you there John!

2. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Great news, John! ; Maybe this time it won't rain, eh? ;)

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I surely hope not!!!!

4. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Great news, john. ; The roster keeps increasing.

sent from my htc thunderbolt ;

5. PolynesianMedic

Alright so I was curious, of the roughly 30 of us that are going to be in attendance, I was wondering if everyone had access to Google Calendar. ; I need to hear from everyone on this please. ; Thanks!

6. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I am going to go with no for me. ; Not even sure what it is, I assume a calandar of some sort. ; Is this something to do with Google+?

7. BorisMD

BorisMD Member

Well, if you've got something in mind for this, why not set it up and we can access as needed. I also use undercover tourist DisneyWorld app which has some kind of group meet up function.

8. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I can access thru my android phone then import it over to ical for my ipad. ; But really, as long as you have a browser available, you should be able to access a calendar.

9. PolynesianMedic

Anyone ordering "What the duck" T-shirts need to submit your size and quality to Tim by tomorrow morning. ; They cost $20.00.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

10. BorisMD

BorisMD Member

So I was checking the roster on Page one of this thread, and noticed that Erich Linder is listed twice. ; Could there be two Erich Linders? ; Split personality? ; Too much photo gear for one?

Getting psyched and hoping the weather holds out for us.

Boris

11. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I don't do Google calendar. ; I'm on Plancast and Twitter only.

12. ELinder

ELinder Member

Boris, thanks, that's the nicest way anyone's ever told me I'm a bit nuts! :D

Erich

13. PolynesianMedic

Thanks for the information guys

14. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

I fixed the double Erich linder issue. ; More names to add anyway. ; I guess its time to formally evict zackiedawg from the list... ; :-(

from my htc thunderbolt

15. PolynesianMedic

Sorry we aren't going to see him, but I am sure that he will be with us in spirit. ;)

16. PolynesianMedic

The basic thought is to try and make sure there is a common way to communicate with everyone during the weekend. ; In case there are any schedule changes. ; The Calendar sends out messages via email or sms to everyone listed as an attendee for the events. ; That way in case of bad weather, or some out of control change, we can communicate that easily, and no one gets left out. ; Any one have any other ideas?

17. Zeagle

Zeagle Member

Never added myself to the list, lol. Count me in.

Jason

18. BorisMD

BorisMD Member

Would a Facebook group work for this?

19. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

I thought one of the primary reasons for the @TMIP_Pixelmania Twitter account was to communicate meet updates and such. ; The phone number list we used last year worked great, but excluded people who weren't already participating. ; One of the advantages of Twitter is that we can advertise the account to anyone who might be interested, and they can follow or unfollow at will.

The big problem, in my opinion, is the proliferation of social media providers, and the dinosaurs like me who don't want to get involved with all of them. ; I'm sure some of you don't want to sign up on Twitter, either. ; Personally, I only got on it because another WDW meetup used Twitter for meet updates, so it was either get on or be out of the loop.

So in that spirit, whatever you all decide on, I will subscribe to. ; Just be aware that I have a text-only phone, so don't send me pictures or web links. :)

20. BorisMD

BorisMD Member

I could do Twitter.

Boris