1ST BALLPARK TRIP OF 2012 PLANNED

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by gary, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Paul

Paul Member

Sox stink!

2. gary

gary Member

Well they didn't impress today, starter gets spiked in 2nd, of course a hard man might argue that if he did not uncork a wild pitch( his 2nd) he wouldn't have had to cover the plate and wouldn't have been in position to get spiked. But I feel those 3 run homers will get you everytime

3. gary

gary Member

another trip is set

another trip just made it into the lineup

8/24/12 flight in midday to pittsburgh, with a 7:10 game vs the brewers

using the rental car picked up from the airport when i arrive, it's only 289 miles to cincy, so it's out the interstate post pirates game until clear of pittsburgh, one good thing is pittsburgh has light rail options to stadium with a short but very pleasant walk across the clemente bridge to pnc park, or a ferry option from station square. ; then rest of way in am to cincy for a 4:10 game on saturday 8/25 vs cards, drive someways back towards pittsburgh after game
    sunday 8/26/12, 1225 flight home to jfk. trip made possible by the fact that it's cheaper by over $125 dollars to fly roundtrip ny to pit, rent a car and drive, than to fly to cincy just to do 1 game. leftover money financed a great seat at cincy, and i only paid $85 on stubhub for a dugpout box seat, visitors side, in pittsburgh.