Who loves Disney Transportation!?

Discussion in 'WDW Resorts / Downtown / Rest of WDW' started by zackiedawg, Apr 4, 2008.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Nice shot - I like the wide closeup perspective that makes it look 'zoomy'.

I guess can throw in a few more here on this thread, since I've continued to go through the archives a bit lately.

Train in old-timey processing:

[​IMG]

Inside a Disney bus on a crowded ride home, in 1950's beat reporter style:

[​IMG]

Friendship boat in Epcot:

[​IMG]

Disney Magic cruise ship:

[​IMG]

2. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Ah the Magic! ; I love that ship.

3. Paul

Paul Member

never ridden one of these but I always stop to look

[attachment deleted by admin]

4. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

I like the bus shot Justin

5. zackiedawg

Thanks Craig. ; I don't think everyone else there loved it, but I just had to do it. ; I was standing room only myself, and my hand with the camera wrapped around the wrist was up in the air...I decided I would turn it on, engage the flash, and take a blind overhead shot of the crowded bus. ; It just seemed to want some B&W treatment once I saw it.

Paul, I like YOUR bus shot! ; Nice to catch it coming around the corner like that.

6. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Very fun thread to look at, great shots!!!!

7. zackiedawg

The Port Orleans boat is parked right in the left foreground of this shot...so I'm a bumpin the transportation thread back up with it!:

[​IMG]

8. wddoebler

wddoebler Member

Horse Drawn Carriage

[attachments posted prior to 4/27/2010 have been deleted by admin. be sure to link images to make sure they don't get removed]

9. wddoebler

wddoebler Member

Safari Truck

[attachments posted prior to 4/27/2010 have been deleted by admin. be sure to link images to make sure they don't get removed]

10. wddoebler

wddoebler Member

A means of transportation we haven't seen for awhile. ; Picture taken in 1983

11. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

You actually captured two extinct attractions there Bill - the Peoplemover as well.

12. zackiedawg

Well the Safari trucks don't quite meet the definition (since they just go in a circle, and you enter/exit in the same basic area)...but the skyway is an excellent addition, as is the Main Street horse-drawn carriage. ; And the old classic peoplemover too.

13. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

sweet post, bill. ; the glory days of past....

14. Craig

awesome picture Bill!!!!

15. Paul

Paul Member

I agree, Bill that is a great shot. ; Maybe they will both return someday.

16. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

I highly doubt it. ; The Skyways are basically gone for good; Busch Gardens' accident with one a few weeks ago is going to help ensure that. ; I know that the San Diego Zoo still has one, but it's a special added ticket. ; DL even filled in the Matterhorn.

The Peoplemover will not be returning at DL; safety regulations[nb]Cal-OSHA has primary jurisdiction[/nb] would dicate that it would be a tight wire mesh enclosure at the minimum, so it would like getting a ride in a jail car - and you wouldn't be able to see much. ; For an example, see Mickey's Fun Wheel at DCA.

17. wddoebler

wddoebler Member

Another 1983 shot of the peoplemover at sunset. ; Time has not been as kind to this photo as it was to my previous post.

18. Craig

WOW ; that is really cool!

19. wddoebler

wddoebler Member

Thanks Craig. I found a photo of a Dixie Landings boat taken in 1993

20. wddoebler

wddoebler Member

Another 1993 photo of the boat to the island in the MK.