What's your 2009 WDW dates?

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Planning & Transportation' started by realfam, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Our flights are at 7:00 a.m. and we are traveling with a group so we all spend the night at the Sleep Inn and get up at 4:30 for the shuttle or get up at 3:45 leave Mississauga at 4:00 a.m, packing the vans the night before.
    If it were up to me I would like to go the night before. There are 11 of us among 3 families and we only plan on taking 2 mini vans down to BUF.

[​IMG]

2. realfam

realfam Member

Sounds like your taking the same flight we are going to MCO. ; If you get up at 345 or 4am and drive to Buf/Nia Airport the day of the flight the group of you will be wiped out early in the day. ; If you travel to the Sleep Inn the night before and get a few extra hours sleep you will have more energy to enjoy your first day of vacation down there. ; Well worth the $109 especially since it includes the parking (which you gotta pay anyway) and it includes a breakfast. ; It would be money well spent. ; I wouldn't even consider driving the morning of a 7am flight, I'd be to stressed out. ; Even with our cruises I insist we fly the day before to take the pressure off. ;

3. scratch

scratch Member

With 11 people total! ; I would definately consider the Sleep Inn the night before!

Good Luck!

4. obo101

obo101 Member

We are using ut DVC Incentive Points for a week at SSR, Sept 24 - Oct 1. ; My family are Halloween crazy so we are really looking forward to MNSSHP.

5. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

What kind of accommodations did you choose?

6. deblen4

deblen4 Member

I have always arrived in Buffalo the night before a flight. ; I can't justify the myriad of things that could go wrong on the drive, vehicle issues, traffic issues, problems or delays crossing the border. ; It is less stressful to be there the night before, and we usually get a hotel that I can actually get up and walk to the airport if I have to!! ; Where is the Sleep Inn from the airport? ; I don't think we've stayed at that one? ; The rate sounds good at 109. ; We've stayed at Comfort Inn on Dick Rd. the last few times, but the price has been going up steadily!

7. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn, Sleep Inn, and Days Inn all within sight of the airport. The Sleep in is not bad but it has become expensive. The last trip I took I used price line and got the Days in for $50 the rack rate was $139. Many of the hotels in the area are clean enough but definitely need updating. The Sleep Inn is right across from the Long term B parking lot for the airport it's the cheapest on airport parking.

8. obo101

obo101 Member

Wanted a 1 bedroom, but had to settle for a 2 bedroom. ; Chewed through a few more points than I wanted, but I am very excited about staying at my first DVC accom. ; Our last trip down, we tried CB and hated it.

9. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

The larger accommodations we Love. When down at WDW we don't visit the parks a day or two. The rest of the time we chill at the resort.

10. scratch

scratch Member

You've noticed that too, that the Sleep Inn has started to charge a little bit more! ; I think they have become very popular due to their breakfast!

I don't mind, I've gotten to know the people there and they are all very nice! ; Plus I know that they will definately save me a "NON SMOKING" room! ; Whereas, when I used to stay at the Comfort Inn, we arrived late once, and were given a smoking room. ; When I went to the Front Desk, they told me it was a request and not guaranteed! ; I told them, I won't guarantee that I'll be back! ; And I haven't!

11. realfam

realfam Member

Your gonna love MNSSHP, this will be our 3rd year in a row doing it!!!!! ; Fantastic!!!!

12. realfam

realfam Member

Yes the Sleep Inn has slowly creeped up there rates, but it is still extremely good value for the money. ; When we are planning our trips to WDW we find skimpong $20 here or there can come back and kick us in the but when were already laying out a ton of dough. ; A few extra dollars to make my holiday stress free is money well spent, I think.

We have also stayed at the Millenium, Days Inn, Microtel, and Holiday Inn Express and the Sleep Inn is by far our favourite and over many of our stays we have got to know the staff and they treat us like gold. ; DW wont go any where else....

13. obo101

obo101 Member

Any special tips or insight into the MNSSHP. ; That is the main reason we chose out latest visit in Sept/Oct. ; I have read a bit on it, but would appreciate any "inside tips" from members who have been before.

14. realfam

realfam Member

First thing is you can get into the Kingdom at 4pm even though the party doesn't start until 7. ; Your kids (if you have any) can dress up in costume if they wish (there is plenty of people dressed up). ; Make sure you get a good spot for the fire works (the best ones in my opinion), and definately catch the parade (goes twice). ; Don't forget to get your trick or treat bags while entering the gates. ; Were doing it again in Oct.
    Please feel free to ask me any questions. ;

[​IMG]

15. scratch

scratch Member

TIP#1 - you must see the 1st parade as that is the only time the Headless Horseman rides.
    TIP#2 - bring a backpack to keep the extra candies in.
    TIP#3 - don't forget to go from ToonTown to Tomorrowland along the pathway by the railroad station.
    TIP#4 - if you collect pins, get them early
    TIP#5 - do the candy run more than once!
    TIP#6 - get your pics taken with the Characters! ; Sometimes there are some that aren't seen regularly
    TIP#7 - watch Hallowishes!
    TIP#8 - have fun!

16. obo101

obo101 Member

Thanks a lot Realfam and Scratch. ; These are great tips and we cannot wait to get down there...Halloween and Disney! ; It can't possibly get much better than that!

17. mini-canadian

mini-canadian Member

Hey All!

Haven't been around for awhile, no excuses really, just very busy! ; I did look back a few pages because I thought I had replied to this thread a long time ago...but oh well, am doing it again if I did ; ; ;D

We did the DCL and also WDW in May, BUT...........am very excited about a short trip in September with my girlfriend that has never been to WDW!!! ; We will be staying at WL from Sept 16 to the 21st, just decided this week to do MNSSHP. ; I have done it before but I think she will love the parade and fireworks which are as pp's already have mentioned.

I think she is getting excited, she has often wondered what is so great to be so obsessed over. ; The only problem I am having is that she keeps talking about down time.... :eek: ; What is she thinking, we are only there for 5 days...she has no idea. ; ;) ; I have worked some down time in, but probably not as much as she is thinking...guess time will tell! ; ::)

18. scratch

scratch Member

Tell her that "down time" is when she is sleeping!LOL

19. mini-canadian

mini-canadian Member

Funny enough, that was my first reply to her. ; I don't think she thought it was funny! ; ;D

She is a few years older than me, but she had her children much later than me. (all mine are in University or finished) she has younger children and is totally worn off her feet keeping track of them, so I can understand her a little.

I have tried explaining to her that even though she won't be laying by the pool for 5 days that she will feel a different type of relaxation. ; I don't plan on doing 24/7 parks at full tilt, will do what we can do and enjoy the time while we are there, taking time to "smell the roses". ; It will be interesting. ; Our first day I plan on only doing TL with her and then a nice dinner at California Grill. ; The day of MNSSHP I have slated as a pool day with an mid afternoon start to MK, which should work out well also. ; Our EPCOT day, I plan on being out of the park after dinner by about 7:30 which will give us the evening at our resort too, not too bad I don't think for 6 days. ; Our last day could become a pool day also, will see how it goes and if there is something she wants to do, have left that day open.

20. scratch

scratch Member

Also don't forget there are attractions where you can rest! ; COP, TTC and the Train! ; At epcot there are the the rides inside the pavilions, like in Mexico. ; The Great Movie Ride at HS. ; The safari at AK, just to name a few.

Grab a snack and people watch!