WDW August/September 2010

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Planning & Transportation' started by realfam, Aug 26, 2010.

1. obo101

obo101 Member

Those are great photos Realfam. ; The ; concierge service looks fantastic! ; We haven't tried that but may have to our our next trip down.

2. We did the concierge at the Poly this month, Sean - it was great!

3. realfam

realfam Member

Re: WDW August/September 2010 DCL pics/TR added

I just realized I started this trip report of our summer land / sea vacation and never finished it. ;Sorry folks! ; I left off with us staying in AKV concierge, amazing experience. ;The thursday morning before labour we checked out first thing in the am and made our way to Port Canaveral for our 4 day cruise on the Wonder. ;We arrived at the port just after 10am. ; Parked the car, checked in and got our boaring assignment. (6) ;The terminal has had alot of work done to it to accomendate for the Dream coming in january. ;Before long we boarded and we sitting at the Beach Blanket Buffet eating lunch. ;
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Our stateroom was ready by 1:30 pm so we headed to the room to change into our bathing suits and then off to the pools. ;We always love that moment when you first open the door to your room whether it be on the ship or in a hotel. ;Even better when there's gift on the bed waiting for you
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. realfam

realfam Member

After the manditory life boat drill we headed to deck 9 for the sail away party (which is always tons of fun), and the ship was off. ; Not long after leaving port the captain made an announcement telling everyone that because of hurricane Earl. ; We were going to encounter some rough oceans for several hours until they could get the ship behind some island. ; Boooyyy was he right!!! ; Once the ship got out in the atlantic it was moving like I have never experienced before. ; Rough seas doesn't bother my family (just a little tricky walking thats all). ; So we were off to dinner (which was awesome), ad then to the Walt Disney Theatre to see Toy Story. ; Well, I must admit I think I have now seen all of the DCL stage shows and hands down Toy Story is my favourite. ; A must see for everyone! ; Next morning Nassau, Bahamas

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It didn't take them very long to close all the pools once the waters started to get rough. ; We thought it was great to watch the water go back and fourth. ; With rough seas comes sea sick people....man there was alot of them! ; Lets just say we nicknamed the hurricane "hearl" and we'll leave that part of the trip at that.
    But like the captain said in his announement, by 10pm, we were in calm waters just in time to go to bed. ;