"TMIP 24"

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by Tim, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

you guys have all been added to the list. ; see you soon!

2. Hi everyone!
    I plan on making a special, solo photography trip to WDW from Feb 27th to March 1st. I will definitely be at the MK for the 6 am opening and hopefully, after a noon nap, the 6 am closing!

Some of you may recognize me from other forums as Marlton Mom. I look forward to participating on this forum and meeting new friends. Here is a link to my Flickr account if you'd like to take a peep at my pixels.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/marlton-mom/

~Joanie Eddis-Koch

3. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Welcome to these forums Joanie!

4. Thank you Roger! I am very much looking forward to all the advice and tips I can find here.

~Joanie

5. Roger

Well don't be afraid to ask!

6. Tim

Welcome joanie. Hope to see you at TMIP24. ;

7. Like Jeff Filmore, I am trying for a sunrise shot of the Castle so that will be my priority first thing on the morning of the ; 29th. Those first hours of light are golden (as well as the last hours) so I'm hoping to concentrate my efforts with my photography during those hours. I also love taking pictures of the facades at night, with Tomorrowland and all it's neon being a favorite hunting ground. Santa Claus just delivered a variable neutral density filter so I can't wait for Wishes to try that out. I had fun this fourth of July photographing my home town fire works with an ancient Tiffen .6 ND but there is nothing like a Disney FW show so I am psyched to work with the Vari ND.

I'm also renting equipment to complement what lurks in my bag. I've always loved Jeff Filmore's 360 panos of the Disney parks and properties and he's been kind enough to point me in the right directions as far as trying this technique. For this trip I'm renting a Nodal Ninja 5 w/ RD-16 Rotator and a Nikon 10.5mm f/2.8G AF DX ED Fisheye.
    I've never used a fish before so it will be interesting to say the least.

Usually I go to WDW with my husband and 13 year old son but I've always wanted to do a solo photography trip and the 24 hour park opening proved irresistible. I relish the thought of wandering around with my camera, guilt free, with no one waiting for me!

So what are anyone else's plans or hope or dreams for this special photographic opportunity?

~Joanie

My Equipment list:Nikon D60 and a D90, Lenses include a 35 mm 1.8, 18-105mm, 18-55 kit lens and a 55-200 kit lens , and the Tokina 11-16 lens, Nikon SB 700 speed light. B&W Circ polarizer and a Singh-Ray Vari ND filter and a Sunpak 6600PG tripod as well as a monster Manfrotto monopod 681b with a 496r2c ball head.

8. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Welcome aboard Joanie! ; I am not getting more and more jealous of those of you that can be there on the 29th. ; At first I was not impressed with this idea of Disney's, but not thinking of the photographic possabilities, well I am wishing I could be there! ; Here is to looking forward to seeing all of your amazing shots!

9. Tim

Joanie, welcome aboard, and since you asked, there is a small "grass-roots" TMIP gathering for the 2/29 event... ; you can see more information at this article:
    http://themagicinpixels.com/articles/ne ... event.html

and you have been added to the attendee list on the first post in this thead!

10. Tim

Anyone else? ; What type of "meet" ideas do you want to do? ; This is wide-open so shout them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. ELinder

ELinder Member

If I can make it back up there, it'll be very last minute.

Erich

12. I'm guessing that a lot of us will be busy taking pictures during the "good light' times of early morning and then at dusk. I also think that people are going to be busy setting up for Fireworks shots, so the evening is going to be a little tough.

I was thinking that lunch might be good, like upstairs at Columbia Harbor House. If we tried for a time like 11 or 11:30am we would probably beat the lunch rush and we'd have a nice place to sit and eat and chat. Since it would be before noon, I think that would be a down time for a lot of us photographers. The upstairs at CHH is awesome as it has a decent amount of seating and it's not too noisy or chaotic, especially when compared to the downstairs area.

Since I've not been to one of your meets yet you'll have to let me know if this is a workable idea.

Anyway that's just my two cents....

~Joanie
    PS. I've signed up for Twitter alerts but since I've not gotten any I'm assuming that you haven't starting sending them out yet... Correct??

13. Tim

I haven't posted anything to the tmip_pixelmania account yet. ; But don't you worry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. :star: :D :star:
    Standing by and ready for action!!

~Joanie

15. I'm new to this site and forum and pretty much an amateur photographer, but I would not mind hanging around with some of you experts hoping for some good karma to rub off on me. ; I am planning a trip to be there on the 29th hoping for some early morning shots as well as some things throughout the rest of the day.

A link to my Flickr if you want to check out what I have shot so far:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tgmusic1/

Hope to meet/see some of you there!

Tim

16. Roger

Welcome to the forums, Tim!

17. Tim

Welcome to yet another Tim! ;
    To be able to keep track of where a few of us will be, follow TMIP_Pixelmania on Twitter. ; You can also text FOLLOW TMIP_Pixelmania to 40404 to get texted whenever we update that Twitter feed. ; To cancel, send two STOP messages to the same number.

Look for a rough outline to possible come out soon... ; there are a few ideas being kicked around. ; One of them is quite ambitious but would be fun.

18. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Welcome Tim!! ; Loved some of your shots on Flickr!

19. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Welcome to the forums indeed Tim - I wish I could be up there for the Feb 29 myself, but can't make it this round.

20. I am much relieved at this news because all the good shots will be left for me ; ;)
    Seriously though, I'm a bit bummed as it would have been great to meet up with you. I've always admired your skill and artistry with a camera.

~Marlton Mom, OOPS I mean Joanie Eddis-Koch