The TMIP Picture of the Day Thread

Discussion in 'Picture of the Day' started by Tim, Aug 1, 2011.

1. mSummers

mSummers Member

I highly recommend the tour, and wish I could be there this year to attend it with you guys. ;

One thing to keep in mind is the logistics of getting to the tour from a non-MK resort. ; The tour starts well before the park opens so getting there from the other resorts may be tricky. ; I have only done the tour when I stayed at the Wilderness Lodge and was able to get there by taking a boat to the Contemporary and walking over to MK from there. ; I have heard that there is a super early bus that allows you to get to the character breakfasts, but I don't have any details on that. ;

2. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

I might be interested in this, as I fly in on the sunday or monday prior to PM2K12...

RedOctober25
    "The Pan & Scan Perspective"
    (Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk)

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I too was thinking about this for this summer, but it would be fun to do this with a bunch you guys instead of people I dont know.

4. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

When I took the tour in 2007, I was able to park at the TTC and take the resort monorail to MK. ; Since the monorails are iffy now, I think the most reliable route is taking a cab to the Contemporary and walking from there.

5. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

That was going to be my plan this summer if I did this. ; I think I may wait to see if this will be done by some TMIP'ers at Pixelmania.

6. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

Re: The TMIP Picture of the Day Thread (4/27)

MAIN STREET STATION
    [​IMG]

7. Tim

Re: The TMIP Picture of the Day Thread (4/27)

WELCOME TO HOLLYWOOD
    [​IMG]

8. Tim

Re: The TMIP Picture of the Day Thread (4/28)

DOUBLE DUMBO
    [​IMG]

9. Tim

Re: The TMIP Picture of the Day Thread (4/30)

TEST TRACK CONCEPT CAR
    [​IMG]

10. Tim

Re: The TMIP Picture of the Day Thread (5/1)

NEXT STOP, MAGIC KINGDOM
    [​IMG]

11. Tim

Re: The TMIP Picture of the Day Thread (5/4)

A GRAND PLACE FOR SOME R&R
    [​IMG]

12. Tim

Re: The TMIP Picture of the Day Thread (6/15)

CARS LAND
    [​IMG]

13. Tim

Re: The TMIP Picture of the Day Thread (6/21)

GUIDO AND LUIGI
    [​IMG]

14. Tim

Flo's V-8 Cafe

[​IMG]

Flo's V-8 Cafe, serving up all the lugnuts, gas, oil, coolant, and grease that you can handle!

Technical Details: ; Canon 1dMk4, Canon 24-105 f/4 L, 1/2 sec, f/8, ISO 50
    Post Processing: ; Adobe Photoshop CS5 Raw Conversion, Paint With Light, Shadows/Highlights
    Photo taken 6/16/2012
    ;
    Cars Land, Disney California Adventure

15. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Oh, I bet gas is produced from all the grease. ; ;D

16. Tim

Stanley

[​IMG]

STANLEY

Stanley founded Radiator Springs in 1909 and is memorialized in this statue near the Radiator Springs Fire Department.

Technical Details: ; Canon 1dMk4, Canon 24-105 f/4 L, 1 sec, f/4, ISO 200
    Post Processing: ; Adobe Photoshop CS5 Raw Conversion, Paint With Light, Shadows/Highlights
    Photo taken 6/15/2012
    ;
    Cars Land, Disney California Adventure

17. Brother Jay

Brother Jay Member

^ I cannot believe how they nailed so many things and then dropped the ball on the fountain in front of Stanley; the water should be sprayed on an angle. ; I know people would say I am nitpicking - and they would be correct; but myself and a friend noticed immediately when we saw our first pic that they strayed from the original. ; I guess I will just have to hope they fix it when Cars come to Orlando.

This is no way is a stab at your pic of this or any other parts of the land. ; You captured their error perfectly :)

18. Tim

Thanks, Jay. ; Cars Land is very "true to life". ; It was clear that they took a LOT of time in getting the details correct, right down to the three Piston Cups in Doc's trophy case.

19. Tim

Is This Haunted Room Actually Stretching?

[​IMG]

The Haunted Mansion Stretching Room, shot with the Canon 8-15 f/4 L Fisheye that I tried out last week. ; This thing is W-I-D-E... ; so wide that if you are not careful, you will get your fingers or feet in the shot. ; I took this shot after the thunder and lightning scene as the room was emptying. ; I then "de-fished" the shot using PTLens in Photoshop which gave the image the stretched and distorted look which I think really works in this shot.
    If you are going to be in the Walt Disney World area and want to check out the Canon 8-15 f/4 L Fisheye lens, contact Kingdom Camera Rentals and check it out for yourself. ; If you want to buy one for yourself, please check out B&H Photo Video. ; You might want to check it out from Kingdom Camera first, since the look is not for everyone... but it does lead to some really cool effects!

Technical Details: ; Canon 1dMk4,Canon 24-105 f/4 L, 1/40 sec, f/4, ISO 12.800
    Post Processing: ; Adobe Photoshop CS5 Raw Conversion, Custom Topaz Boost, PTLens
    Photo taken 8/9/2012
    ;
    The Haunted Mansion, Liberty Square, The Magic Kingdom

20. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

That's a pretty cool shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk