The Canadian dollar?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by realfam, Oct 23, 2008.

1. mini-canadian

mini-canadian Member

I believe that it is really undervalued and that the Americal dollar is overvalued....guess time will tell. ; ;D

2. realfam

realfam Member

I am truly thrillled to post on this thread again positive news that the Canadians has climbed back up to above 86 cents US.........lets hope it keeps going up and holds!!!!!!! ;D

3. highland3

highland3 Member

4. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

A little OT.

What's going on with the price of gas. Up ; $0.10. Wut up wit dat?

$0.93 a litre. This winter it was down to $0.66 a litre in the Toronto area

I paid $0.72 a litre to fill up in Lancaster, On three weeks ago on a trip to Montreal.

Can we blame the swine flu for this one?

[​IMG]

5. scratch

scratch Member

Notice that everytime the price of gas goes up, so does the value of our $$$$!

Can't blame the swine............they produce gas!LOL

6. realfam

realfam Member

I'm sure gas will be close to $1.00 litre by the long weekend......never fails. ; Plus it will rain....................

7. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

look at it this way the Canadian dollar is sitting around .86 cents so as it continues to go up so will gas ... but our trips will be closer to par :)

8. goodguy

goodguy Member

Funny they were selling Obama t-shirts in the straw market in St. Maarten

9. realfam

realfam Member

Yep , they had those t-shirts in the Nassau straw market as well last October when we were on our Disney Cruise...

10. realfam

realfam Member

89.02 today......most excellent!!!! ; Keep going up up and up!

11. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

I'm waiting for a little more so I can pay for our next trip.

12. WestWind

WestWind Member

It's up again!

Could someone please tell me when it will start going down again?

13. not doing so bad right now ; - I have oodles of clients calling me to pay off their disney trips!

14. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Realfam must be doing backflips.

[​IMG]

15. realfam

realfam Member

Your right on Hamham,,, ; I'm loving this up swing ;D

Just hope it continues, were thinking about paying of our cruise early(this could say us a ton). ; The magic question is whether or not it will go up any more.

What everyones thoughts? ; I personally hope/think we'll hit 96-98 cent

16. scratch

scratch Member

Well since it has been official that our Recession is over, I can see that our $$$$ will go back to par in a couple of months!

*disclaimer - Only guessing!

17. I've had so many people feeling happy with the recent news, it's incredible - as an actuary in my former life, I'm not that optimistic a person when it comes to trusting economic swings (especially given this past year), but as a travel agent, bring it on! ; Folks are really beginning to book trips like mad - and not just cheapier getaways, but rather stuff like European cruises, Beaches family getaways to St. Lucia, etc. ; Woo hoo!

18. realfam

realfam Member

Has everyone been watching the CDN/US dollar lately. ; Well we broke 95cens today. ; Looking for incentives to travel! This is it.

Hope it keeps going up up ; up...

19. Northernmouse

Northernmouse Member

I'm watching it intently. I have a sidebar gadget on my desktop I keep monitoring.

20. CameraGirl

CameraGirl Member

The dollar is getting closer

1 Canadian dollar = 0.970874 U.S. dollars