Space Mountain Refurb

Discussion in 'The Magic Kingdom Photos' started by Coo1eo, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

Nice Space Mountain shots all- I'll add one too. ; :-*

[​IMG]

2. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Very Nice Tim & Jeff. Great work Tim with the font across your signature.

3. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

And away we go!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Scott - Your close up shot is really In-spire-ing. LOL :)

5. Paul

Paul Member

I'm bummed that this will be closed when we are there this Summer. ; Does anyone know the actual details of what the refurb will result in? ; Will we have anything new or is this a thorough maintenance only refurb?

6. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I'm still praying that during the refurb, they find a way to open TTA. ; I seem to recall some previous lighter refurbs of Space Mountain they still had TTA going, but just had the whole TTA passthrough tunneled off with wood panels. ; That'd be fine with me!

I don't know for sure, but it seems like it's down a while, so I am hoping that the refurb will be the California treatment.

7. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

It should be interesting to see what happens. ; I am hoping that the TTA will be open by time I get down there in August, but since i am there from 8/1 - 8/8 and it isn't scheduled to re-open till after I leave, I am not hopeful. ; Maybe it will be a nice surprise.

Scott - I really like the panning shot

8. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

cool pan Scott!
    Tim, I really like the colors in your shot!

9. Paul

Paul Member

Tim, I like that Space Mountain Font! ; I need to look for that one.

10. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

it's called decotech.

11. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

What, darker and a new music soundtrack?

Rock It! Mountain starring Red Hot Chili Peppers? ; (Hint: It didn't last too long)

12. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

Here are a few of my favorites:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I heard that the short lived Rock It SM was set to Hoobastank music, and the current version is Rockin SM, set to Red Hot Chili Peppers. ; I like the Peppers, so that part would be kinda fun for me. ; And I hear the lighting inside, the projections, and trackside lighting, is much more vivid. ; Plus, I like the exterior lighting enhancements with the colors on the spires and such. ; I wouldn't mind a similar touch up to ours.

14. PolynesianMedic

Craig those are great shots!

15. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Justin, I'm hoping for the full blown refurb as well. We can only hope.

16. PolynesianMedic

I'd love to see them remove the top and do the complete replacement they had talked about awhile ago, but I am sure that isn't going to happen. ; It should be interesting to see what does take place. ; I am hoping that the TTA is re-opened by time I go, that way I might get a sneak peak but knowing Disney they will have some tarp or something over the area the TTA goes through preventing just that type of look.

17. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

They didn't need to take DL's top off to do a complete replacement.

18. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

I think I heard somewhere that removing the track out the "Front Door" like they did with DL's Space Mountain would be a lot more difficult (but not impossible) at WDW's Space Mountain. ; I think it has something to do with how the queue is laid out at WDW compared to DL

19. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Not sure if this is credible, but I did hear somewhere that they had the ability to remove a portion of the wall (i.e. Panels) on the side facing towards World Dr. as there is an access to the backside of SM from World Drive.

20. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member