Space Mountain Refurb

Discussion in 'The Magic Kingdom Photos' started by Coo1eo, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

A Tribute to Space Mountain as we know it. Please share your photos of Space Mountain.

Since not a poet am I,
    Hence shall I share from my discerning eye,
    Space captured against a crystal blue sky.

[​IMG]

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

i know a few poems but that are not suitable for this forum... ; ;)

3. Tim

oh yeah, and a pic...

[​IMG]

4. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Thanks Tim. Have to share those poems in private do you? LOL

5. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Great shots all!

6. WDWmemories

WDWmemories Member

Great photos! ; I just keep telling myself: ; It's not good bye, just so long to Space Mountain until she returns better than ever.

7. Bob D.

Bob D. Member

My daughter finally was tall enough to go on Space Mountain when we visited in December. ; She's a little disappointed that during on our next trip, coming in June, she will be unable to ride. ; I'll have to share some of the pictures here to remind her of how much she liked it last time.

Thanks for the pics!

Bob

8. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

From the side:

[​IMG]

From inside:

[​IMG]

From history:

[​IMG]

From way upon high:

[​IMG]

9. Bob D.

Bob D. Member

I found some odd photos of Space Mountain from last summer. ; Hopefully after the refurb we won't see scenes like this. ; It seemed like during my visit at Christmas and last July Space Mountain broke several times and had to momentarily close.

Bob

[attachment deleted by admin]

10. PolynesianMedic

Nice shots of the lights on inside. ; I am not a roller coaster fan, and have never ridden this, but I saw a video of it, and it seems that there are no real big straight drops, and I might consider trying this when it comes back.

11. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Poly, Space is relatively tame. ; It doesn't go beyond 25/30 mph at any point.

12. PolynesianMedic

It's not the speed that bothers me, it is the feeling of everything from the waist down in my throat that I don't like. ; I think that it is really a control issue. ; I love BTMRR because there are no major drops. ; That is the one thing that I don't like. ; I don't do flume rides, and roller coasters because of this. ; Pirates even gets to me a little, but I endure that one because I love the rest of the ride, and it isn't that big a drop.

13. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

I'm right there with you Poly!

14. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Okay. ; So I guess this is out of the question as well:[nb]I'm not referring to the fact that you (you meaning anyone) can never go through the not-so-hidden Mickey like this again[/nb][nb]That's because they pulled Mickey off the off-the-shelf coaster, and moved him to the Sunwheel, and moved the Sun icon to the coaster. ; But have you seen their new t-shirts? ; Radiator Springs Racing here we come![/nb]

[​IMG]

15. PolynesianMedic

16. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Thanks to everyone for sharing. I especially like the vintage photos.

17. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I wouldn't do that one Rog...no way. ; No loops for me. ; I don't go in circles well...even the carousel would get me ill.

As for Space Mountain - you might be OK with it Poly...if BTMRR isn't too bad for you, I'd say Space Mountain is about equal to that, combined with the Pirates drop (that's about how big the drop is in Space Mountain). ; There is one little up-and-down bit that you may feel some stomach float on...but it really is pretty tame like BTMRR.

I can do the more mild roller coasters - actually, I don't even mind the speed or the drops - for me, it's all in the circles. ; If it loops upside down, or does alot of corkscrew, I can get sick very quickly.

18. Tim

Here is another one from inside Space Mountain

19. PolynesianMedic

Nice shot Tim, and with the correct font also! ; Nice work!