Recent Epcot Pix

Discussion in 'Epcot Photos' started by Kiki, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Kiki

Kiki Member

Vertically challenged?

BTW, what the heck is "chimping"? Am I showing my ignorance?

2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Chimping is the actions and sounds one makes when reviewing the shot you just took on the LCD.

http://www.sportsshooter.com/special_fe ... index.html

Started with the sports shooters who would check the shot they got and go "oooh oooh oooh" while thinking "OMG look at the shot I just got".

So now chimping just usually refers to checking the shot in the LCD right after the shot. I have my auto review turned off so I would have to do that, and yes, I have done the same time.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  3. Kiki

Kiki Member

Oh...that's what it is. I do it, but didn't know it had a name. ;D

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  4. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

OFF TOPIC: chimping is s a quasi-derogatory term that has a humorous connotation, so while some is definitely busting your chops (COUGH*... gary) when they accuse you of chimping, it's usually done in good fun.

5. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

not too mention the fact that the one accusing you of it has probably just done it themselves.

6. Kiki

Kiki Member

I thought it was the law with a digicam?

7. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

Yep, I chimp all the time. I"m still learning my DSLR so I guess I have an excuse (spelling?). But I like to know if I got the shot I want.

8. gary

gary Member

hey tim, it takes real talent to travel all the way to italy, to high on the cliffside road overlooking a small seaside village in italy, set up the tripod, take a picture, come all the way home, cull through 3700 vacation photos, throw it up on the 32 inch monitor only to discover that because i failed to chimp i failed to notice that 3 out of 5 tourists on the lower overlook were chimping in my shot