Recent Epcot Pix

Discussion in 'Epcot Photos' started by Kiki, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Kiki

Kiki Member

It's not for everybody, but I really like it. It seems like a clean, family-oriented sport; and that's a good thing.

2. Kiki

Kiki Member

Thanks for the kind comments. The whole Petty thing is pretty sad, but their organization has been lagging behind for a while now. Richard was a phenom, and it's not always possible to pass that along.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  3. DisneyGeek92

DisneyGeek92 Member

That's true about it being a clean sport and all but I would rather watch soccer or rugby tho. The only other sport I watch is college football (Go Gators!).

4. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

Great stuff Kiki - keep them coming!

5. wdwnut4life

wdwnut4life Member

fab pics!!

6. Kiki

Kiki Member

Thanks so much!

I was wondering if you guys had ever considered a "Picture of the Day" thread in each of the major designations. I have tons of pix to post, but don't want to keep tacking them on to a thread that I'm the only one posting pictures in. What would you all think of starting a Pix of the Day thread so that we could all post a picture or two a day?

7. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

I guess you could always start one; not sure if Tim/Howie can lock a thread to stay on top (I think I know where you are going). But personally I'll just post new ones under the topic of the subject they're on. I'll update old threads if my pics are basically in response to them. Like Flights of Wonder, where I went just because of Dan's discussion on the show. Took 10 years to see it for the first time, and now I can't wait to bring the kids back with me!

8. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

I do what Roger does, and just start a new thread for every picture subject. Sometimes you can add to an existing thread if its the same subject. I'l do a search sometimes if I think a thread has already been started.
    Or like, when I started my Pirates ride thread, there was already a few going so I just started my own too.

9. Kiki

Kiki Member

I was just thinking of a place where everybody could join in and post a picture or two a day rather than having to look through so many threads. If you don't think it fits the theme and flow of this forum, that's OK. I was just thinking out loud...well...uh...thinking in type???

10. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

I don't have a problem with it; in order for that to work, there would either need to be a new thread each day (which is fine) or it would have to be locked to stay on top, which is a Tim-issue. There is no right or wrong way to post here. (so long as they are within the code of conduct http://www.themagicinpixels.com/forum/h ... ic.php?t=1 ). Try it!

11. Kiki

Kiki Member

Wouldn't necessarily need to be stickied. If it's posted in everyday that would keep it at the top.

12. Kiki

Kiki Member

13. Kiki

Kiki Member

14. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Great shots. I like the English phone booth shot - really immerses you in the UK - anyone would be hard-pressed to guess that you weren't in the UK!

I saw your profile lists a love of 'Off Kilter' - and just afterwards noticed your shots of them above. It's my favorite band there as well...those guys can jam, and have a ball doing it too. Here's a few I snapped of them...just for you!: ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Kiki

Kiki Member

Wow! Those are great! Getting a decent shot of them is like trying to photograph an earthquake.

Not only are they world-class musicians, they are just great guys, too. Love them, love them, love them!

16. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Off Kilter ROCKS!! I have a friend of mine who actually plays in a band similar to them. Yes, he does play the bag pipes.

17. mPower

mPower Member

Ok, that bass player looks like Jeremy Mayfield...

18. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

The NASCAR connection returns! ;)

Actually...he does share some resemblance.

19. Kiki

Kiki Member

Except for the 6' 5" deal. Jeremy Mayfield would have to look WAY up to him.

20. mPower

mPower Member

Yes, most drivers are...well...short. ;)