POTW - Fireworks Friday!!

Discussion in 'Picture of the Day' started by jbwolffiv, Aug 2, 2013.

1. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

A few Fireworks Friday shots from Japan this past December:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I wasn't there with any intention to shoot Illuminations - but after dinner at Via Napoli, I was working my way back to the Epcot resort entrance and the show started - the darkness and crowds in the main path forced me to stand aside in Japan and I decided to take a few shots.
    (these are composites - the fireworks were with F22 exposures of about 5-10 seconds each, then stacked with an exposure of just the pavilion and buildings so I could get them better lit!).

2. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Green and purple are the official colors of Mardi Gras, aren't they?

[​IMG]
    Tiana's fireworks

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

From my shoot at the back of Fantaslyland Saturday night of Pixelmania, the one where as it ended, @ExploringWDW let me know that my ISO was still on auto.

[​IMG]Fireworks Friday by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

4. zackiedawg

No tripod with me at the time, so I was just handholding the fireworks over the Liberty Belle:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. ddindy

IllumiNations from the FP+ area. There aren't nearly as many phones up here as there were at the beginning of the show.

[​IMG]
    Center stage

6. ddindy

For my final night of Star Wars Weekends, I wanted to get photos of the Star Wars characters as they walked backstage after the stage show before the fireworks. After they passed by, I stuck around and took some handheld shots of Symphony In The Stars. Not bad, eh?

[​IMG]
    Sci-fi symphony

7. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Not too shabby!

8. zackiedawg

Does this count? Friday June 19 - didn't stay for the Magic Kingdom fireworks, but nature was putting on its own firework show over Grand Floridian:
    [​IMG]

Taken handheld, sitting in a metal boat, on the water, while it was raining (used an RX10 weather-sealed camera that day as the rains were off and on the whole time and I didn't feel like carrying a bag or tripod).

9. ddindy

That most definitely counts, Justin. Congratulations on surviving the suicide cruise. ;)

10. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

I agree! Just because they were not scheduled doesny mean they don't count. Cool looking shot!

11. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

So we used a Fastpass+ for Wishes since we knew we would not be arriving in the WDW area until late afternoon and had a dinner ADR, and we were very pleased with it! I have not watched Wishes this close in some 5 years as I refuse to deal with the masses near the hub, but now? I also botched the focal length real bad on this set, but you live and you learn.

[​IMG]Fireworks Friday by John Wolff, on Flickr

12. ddindy

Don't worry, John. You can fix it in post. ;)

13. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Yup, these are maybe a quarter of the frame.

14. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

This is one of two shots that I can actually see all the fireworks. It was so humid that evening with little to no wind that 2 minutes into the show all we saw were smoke clouds that would light up from a burst.

[​IMG]Fireworks Friday! by John Wolff, on Flickr