POTW - Fireworks Friday!!

Discussion in 'Picture of the Day' started by jbwolffiv, Aug 2, 2013.

1. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thanks Dennis!

2. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Picked a spot on Echo Lake the second time we watched the Frozen Fireworks. It was much easier to find a spot and never really got crowded. Now I just wish I had not trimmed the wee front of the SS Down the Hatch.....

[​IMG]Fireworks Friday by jbwolffiv, on Flickr

3. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

For this week I chose one of my shots from the path between Epcot and the Studios...

4. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

We decided to try out a Wishes Desert Party at the Magic Kingdom. I was thrilled with the idea of not having to set up and pray tha no one bumped my tripod or put a child on their shoulders in front of me. We arrived at 8:30 and waited until 9 to go in and I set up right away on the rail. My daughter and niece kept bringing me snacks. When the show began we noticed you could not really hear the music at all. The CM's said they were working on it and that it would be find for Wishes. When Wishes began, no music. After the show, most of the guests walked out, but I decided to talk to the CM's and told them we were disappointed, to which they said they would refund our entire cost. So in the end it all worked out. Thanks for looking and have a great weekend.

5. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Not having a tripod is no excuse for not taking fireworks shots. Click the photo to read the story behind this one.

[​IMG]
    Lighting up the Gracey place

6. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

this is outstanding John! wow!

7. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

I agree about no tripod. its not too hard. just set your fstop small and 1/2 sec exposure, and you get a good one a few times! nice shot!

8. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thanks Craig!!

9. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

10. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

11. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

12. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

Another shot of IllumiNations from the bowels of Canada, back before the dark times - before the lumberjacks. Pay no attention to the man in the chimney.

[​IMG]
    No lumberjacks here

13. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

14. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

15. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

16. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

Awesome fireworks photo John! Did you use auto-iso for that??? ;)

17. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Sadly, no! I remembered to use ISO 100, too bad right?

18. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

19. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

20. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member