pixelmania 2011 not so scary party

Discussion in 'PIXELMANIA!' started by gary, Oct 22, 2011.

1. NitroStitch

NitroStitch Member

Wow - everyone's blowing me away with all these gorgeous shots - especially since so many were in very low light conditions! ;

I have about 3,750 photos to sort through, but nothing holds even a little candle to any of these! ; I've gone through a little over 600 pix so far. ; Always too many photos and too little time. ; :D

2. gary

gary Member

tell me about it, i haven't even had the time to hook up the external drive to the home mac yet, but that's because i am under threat to finish off at least 1 of the fire department boxes, scan retouch and catalog, so there can be room to easily set up the christmas tree. hope to be on the pixelmania at least some by end of week

3. mSummers

mSummers Member

The Headless Horseman:

[​IMG]

I cut off the hooves slightly so its not exactly what I was looking for, but now I know how to do it next time.

4. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Okay...want to share the distance and flash settings on this one, Michael? ; Please!

5. mSummers

mSummers Member

Since the camera focus hunted on me, this one was shot at 210mm. ; I was planning on shooting him further up the street, I had the SB800 set on manual and cranked up to 1/1. ; Since he was closer than planned, it the flash was a little hot and I had to darken the horse and rider in post. ;

If I shot it again at 200mm, I would probably crank it down to 1/2 power, maybe as low as 1/4.

6. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Was that why the horse was acting a little wonky that night? ; He was blinded by your flash settings? :p ; great shot by the way...

7. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I still can't believe how far up main street you were able to light up with that flash.

8. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

Great shots everyone! This was my first MNSSHP and I agree that it is the best hard ticket event I have been to at WDW. After seeing our pictures I doubt the kids will let us go without them again...

When I saw your shot on flickr it looked like the horse was a bit hot from the flash but you definitely nailed it for sharpness.

I went with a much slower shutter speed at 1/25th and 2.8 at 1600ISO but with the flash in TTL mode for this shot. The background is exposed where I like it but I'd like a bit faster shutter speed next time.

[​IMG]
    The Headless Horseman by Dave Kliment | ExploringWDW, on Flickr

9. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Still a great shot Dave!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. PolynesianMedic

That's a great shot Dave! ; I would be VERY happy with that myself.

11. ExploringWDW

ExploringWDW Member

Thanks everyone. I am basically happy with it other than that little bit of motion blur on the pumpkin.

12. ELinder

ELinder Member

It looks like quite a few people got good shots of the HH. Unfortunately, I'm mot one of them. ; :p

Erich

13. NitroStitch

NitroStitch Member

I didn't even manage to get a BAD shot of the HH. ; LOL ; ::)

14. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

I did! ; :p

15. ELinder

ELinder Member

One of my very few keepers from the parade.

Erich

Attached Files:

16. Zeagle

Zeagle Member

Great shot Erich ; :). That was a tough shot with the lighting on that float.

I guess I should come play with all the great Horseman shots too ; :-[ ... No flash, but at 2 different points in the park. Also, some Barbossa acknowledgment.

Pixelmania 2011, ; Boo to You Parade

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  18. PolynesianMedic

These are all awesome guys! ; It seems we are getting better with each passing year.

19. mSummers

mSummers Member

Nice work guys! ; Here's one of my fireworks shots from that night. ; 107 seconds of Hallowishes:

[​IMG]

20. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Wow! ; Nice work everyone! ; Erich, I think I took that same shot a few seconds after you!

[​IMG]
    Pirate at Parade by jbwolffiv, on Flickr