Mousefest 2008

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by Sean&Karen, May 5, 2008.

1. I have just made my decision to go again this year.

Tim, are you having a TMIP meet again this year? I am a newbie to my D40 and judging by some of the photos I took on my latest trip, I could use some definite help. I have a lot of blurry night shots.....

Colin

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

This is a cross post from another thread...

I added the first mousefest meet:
    Sunday 12/14 at 245pm at the Noodle Terrace - Photography 101

I hope to add one or two more to the calendat and I am open to suggestions but I am not getting in until Friday night. I was thinking an Epcot Walk Around the World after the Mega Meet would be cool. Suggestions? Send the to me ASAP so we can get them onto the schedule.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  3. meyernl

meyernl Member

walk around the world is great. I would love to hear how to get better pictures of Osborne lights - or is it just "use a tripod"? It is so mobbed there, I would worry about a tripod.

4. Tim

hi nikki,
    back in 2006 we pulled off an improptu osborne lights with tripods meet but we sort of watched each others backs because it was crowded.

5. I would love to get some good shots of the Osborne lights too. If we don't setup an "official" meet, I would be up for an impromptu meet. Being a rookie, I'm sure I'll need a little bit of help to get the shots I'm looking for.

6. Tim

maybe i will try to put something together...

7. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Couldn't come soon enough! Can't wait - I've got my Saratoga Springs studio, with waiting list for Boardwalk which is highly unlikely.

I was originally flying solo, but looks like a friend wants to come along - a buddy of mine who is a videographer and amateur photographer has not been to Disney in many years was getting jealous of all the photos I keep bringing back from up there, and has decided to come along. He's got a few-year-old Canon digital rebel, and a couple of old lenses from his SLR...and thought Tim's photo walks sounded pretty cool - so if Tim doesn't mind, Mike will tag along on a few of the walks with us.

Osbourne lights sounds fun - I'd also encourage the Epcot night tour again. It's always popular, fairly easy to get away with tripods without bothering too many people, and last year Tim came up lame and couldn't do the walking part - so it might be fun to try again this year.

Also, I thoroughly enjoyed the Animal Kingdom Pagani Forest walkthrough - and with all the theming, architecture, and animals in AK, there's so much to shoot and teach about shooting in that park.

8. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

Justin,

I highly doubt Tim would mind if your friend, Mike, tagged along. Heck, most of the people that showed up to Tim's walks weren't members of this fine board.

I'd love to see the day when the photo tours put on by The Magic in Pixels has the draw of those put on my Steve Barrett or Lou Mongello and he'll have to tap people in the forum to lead separate groups so we don't clog up the trails at Animal Kingdom....LOL.

9. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

How about a Maharajah Jungle Trek photo tour at AK? Tigers, dragons and birds, oh my! :D

10. Tim

possibly... but i am getting there a bit late so we will have to see what comes up. i am compiling ideas, though.

11. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

Mousefest is coming .... Mousefest is coming ... Mousefest is coming ... Mousefest is coming

Can you tell i am excited?

(its Sean not Karen)

12. Tim

looking forward to seeing you folks again.

13. misscourtney

misscourtney Member

I've never been to Mousefest before, and I'm super psyched to see all the Magic in Pixels meetups, especially the night shots one. Me and my new D40 will be there for as many meets as possible!

14. Tim

cool! welcome and see you there.

15. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Welcome to the boards misscourtney!

16. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

We going to have another round of golf? lol :eek:

17. Okay guys, I might be able to make 3 events! And I really really want to learn how to take great pictures (or as my dad says "Im such a freak about it).

Tell me what goes on at these events, do I need to register, what do I need to bring, and how long do they last?

Ill be in Disney (our last night) on 12/11 for the 101 meet and my Dad said my mom might be up for going back to Disney our last night Saturday 12/13 for the Walk Around the World and Night Time events.

18. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Found out about Mousefest after I had booked my trip to WDW. As it happens, my trip is the same exact length as Mousefest. Anyway, I am hoping to hit all the Photo Seminars (with the exception of Animal Kingdom). Can't wait to meet some more Photo Nuts like myself.

19. RedOctober25

RedOctober25 Member

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask. I was wondering if anyone might be interested in forming a team for the "LTAD Quest" Photo Scavenger Hunt while attending Mousefest. I've downloaded the Quest PDF and it seems like many of the items listed can be done with a minimum amount of time each day (and each park). Anyway, I think it would be a great way to meet some fellow TMIPers.

20. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

Ok, this is Karen finally, things have been mighty busy up here in good old Canada and I haven't been on here in awhile.

Tim I can't wait to do some of your meets, they sound awesome and like so much fun.

We have finalized our dates and we are definitely making a trip out of Mousefest. We will be at SSR from Dec 7 to 16. It will be the last vacation we have before our baby comes in February. I might be waddling around, but I definitely plan on taking in some of the TMIP meets for sure.

See you there everyone!!