IT'S OFFICIAL - BAY LAKE TOWER AT CONTEMP. RESORT IS DVC!

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by Tim, Sep 16, 2008.

1. mSummers

mSummers Member

Nice work Craig! Looks like the BLT is going to be awesome!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. haunteddoc

haunteddoc Member

Great Pics!!

Thanks for posting them so we could all see what it would be like. Especially for those of us who can't get down there anytime soon! (Sob Sob!!!! - I thought I could make Mouse Fest then found that I couldn't - nest trip in April).

A little to modern for me though. Can't imagine saying I am going to be staying at the "BLT"! Although, may have to try it at least once simply for the access to the monorail system and with a name like the "BLT" almost sounds kind of chic!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  3. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

New photos have just been released by Disney for Bay Lake Tower!
    Along with a new press release!!
    Cast Members from the Contemporary Resort are staying overnight at Bay Lake Tower prior to opening. They have been trained for DVC. I expect the opening on August 4 to go perfectly!
    Everyone is very excited!

(ALL TEXT AND PHOTOS FOLLOWING ARE ©DISNEY)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

;
    Bay Lake Tower Scheduled to Open Aug. 4, Bringing Disney Vacation Club Conveniences to Disney’s Contemporary Resort

Building on Tradition

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – Nearly 38 years after Disney’s Contemporary Resort opened its doors, its modern Disney Vacation Club addition, Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, is scheduled to welcome guests on Aug. 4. ; This will be the seventh Disney Vacation Club (DVC) property at Walt Disney World Resort.

All 15 stories of the ultra-sleek design continue the original building’s iconic style, which opened with the Magic Kingdom theme park Oct. 1, 1971. ; Bay Lake Tower complements and pays homage to Disney’s Contemporary Resort while also offering a variety of new amenities and conveniences – kitchenettes or full kitchens complete with granite countertops and modern appliances, and other homelike amenities. ; In addition, most of the 295 two-bedroom equivalent villas in the crescent-shaped tower offer spectacular views of Bay Lake or Magic Kingdom.

Bay Lake Tower, like all DVC resorts, blends Disney magic with elegant design and premier accommodations. ; DVC members – and, based on availability, overnight Walt Disney World guests staying at Bay Lake Tower – can choose from a number of recreation activities and facilities, including a children’s interactive water play area, Bay Cove Pool, a barbeque pavilion, a Community Hall and two nearby tennis courts.

For easy access to Disney’s Contemporary Resort’s restaurants, merchandise shops and the monorail, the Sky Way Bridge takes members and guests from the fifth floor of Bay Lake Tower directly to the fourth floor Grand Canyon Concourse of Disney’s Contemporary Resort.

The opening of Bay Lake Tower is an exciting chapter in the history of Disney’s Contemporary Resort.

“Our resort motto is ‘Where Tradition Touches Today,’ and the marriage of our iconic resort with this elegant new Disney Vacation Club offering is a perfect example,â€

4. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Member

I saw those new photos on Stitch Kingdom yesterday. ; Wow, do they make it look good. ; I can't wait to go inside that building. ; Hopefully Poly DVC is next!

5. Re: IT'S OFFICIAL - BAY LAKE TOWER AT CONTEMP. RES

Im in love with the artwork at BLT! We have a DVC sales center at our mall here in Schaumburg and the model is set up like BLT! I wonder if I asked to spend the night there, they would let me...probably not!

6. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Nice shots...I think some of us may be perching on the Contemporary roof to replicate some of those shots. ; Especially since some of us may never see the inside of that place! ; ;)