IT'S OFFICIAL - BAY LAKE TOWER AT CONTEMP. RESORT IS DVC!

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by Tim, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

[attachment=1]

LINK:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1DV6r1Nk54

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

2. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

It's about time they made this official, thanks for posting.

3. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

BLT and the Treehouse Villas too!

And that's not all! They've also confirmed the Treehouse Villas will be a new room category of Saratoga Springs, adding yet another DVC option (one I am very much looking forward to, as I have fond memories of the old treehouse villas and love the quiet woodsy theme). Bay Lake Towers is a must-do as well. It seems like the odd hump on top is going to be an MK fireworks viewing area for DVC members, which is kind of neat if it holds true. With Kidani opening soon, DVC news is coming fast and furious, and I've got a whole lot more resorts I need to stay at in the future!

And with the initials BLT...they better serve a great one at poolside. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  4. mPower

mPower Member

Was that a DVC member email or something? I'm looking in that in-box and I didn't get one!

5. Tim

yes, it was a dvc member email.

6. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

According to the Orlando Sentinel article that is making the rounds this morning, the hump at the top will be a top-end restaurant along the same vein as the California Grill. Which, I assume, will offer the patio viewing option for the fireworks.

The video Tim linked to also alludes to the idea that the Grand Villas are going to be at the top of the tower

7. mPower

mPower Member

One rumor that a member of the Dream Squad mentioned to us last year entailed the CG MOVING to the new tower, and a new restaurant and owner taking over the space currently occupied by the CG...

8. PolynesianMedic

Someone posted this on another forum I frequent, and I thought it was VERY interesting. She said she got this info from the DVC member site. I am not sure though, how it compares to the other DVC resorts so I was hoping someone could shed some light on this for me. ;)

Studio - Magic Kingdom View 7/26/2009 8/1/2009 146
    1 Bedroom - Magic Kingdom View 7/26/2009 8/1/2009 290
    1 Bedroom - Magic Kingdom View 7/17/2009 7/18/2009 70

9. zackiedawg

Well, that's Magic Season (2nd most expensive tier). Using the 1-bedroom, 1 night as an example - that 70pts is a Saturday 1-night rate. For comparison, preferred view 1-bedroom Saturday rate during Magic Season 2009 at Boardwalk, Beach Club, and Wilderness Lodge is 60pts. The previously-most-expensive Kilimanjaro Club Concierge rooms at AK would be 69pts.

So if that is accurate, looks like it'll be the most expensive DVC option of all, at least for the MK view.

10. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

I was just on the DVC Member site and there weren't any point charts for the new BLT

11. Tim

Have you heard the WORST kept Disney secret? ;D

12. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

That they're building a DVC on Oahu?

Um that in October they're announcing the new location based experience/DVC locations?

That they're finally finishing Pop Century?

13. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

Here is the "official" Disney Press Release: (copyright Disney©)

Disney Vacation Club Continues Unprecedented Growth With Two New Development Projects

Future accommodations are rooted in Walt Disney World history

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla.(Sept. 16, 2008) – Two highly anticipated resort developments announced today will expand the Walt Disney World experience and continue the rapid growth of Disney Vacation Club, Disney’s innovative vacation-ownership program:
    the 15-story Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort is scheduled to join the Disney Vacation Club family of properties in fall 2009, while
    the Treehouse Villas at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, scheduled to open in summer 2009, will become the next room category offered at that resort.
    Disney Vacation Club also announced that Bay Lake Tower sales are scheduled to begin on Sept. 21 for Disney Vacation Club Members, while sales to the general public and sales for the newest phase of Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa will begin at a later date.
    “Our founder, Walt Disney, was well known for having one foot in the past and one in the future,â€

14. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Ahh so Oahu isn't a secret anymore.

What else are they going to announce Thursday?

Other than "The Year of a Million Dreams isn't returning again, instead we'll have Magical Celebrations" while the accountants in TDA blow a gasket since their dream suite wasn't there for both years of "A Year"....and now it needs to be rented out....with single pane windows that oversee Fantasmic!

It would be interesting if another secret is announced as well.

15. Craig

I have my site updated with "official" press stuff from Disney, including photos, fact sheet, and the official press release.
    this page is permanent on my site and will grow as I am able to get more info about Bay Lake Tower.

Bay Lake Tower at contemporaryresort.net

16. Tim

Bay Lake Tower DVC Points Chart

There you go, in living color.
    [attachment=1]

[This attachment has been purged. Older attachments are purged from time to time to conserve disk space. Please feel free to repost your image.]

17. Craig

thanks Tim! :)

18. Tim

you are welcome. that is a screen-grab from the official dvc member page.

19. PolynesianMedic

Thanks for that!

20. zackiedawg

Yeah...I looked that point chart up a few days ago...spit out my drink and nearly had a coronary! Ex-pen-sive! I knew it would likely be the priciest of the DVCs, and for buyers it's a decent deal (lower MF and points will seem like a bargain at other DVC properties)...but it makes it a little harder for me to justify anything more than one 3 or 4 night studio trip just to say I've been there. Even the no-view cheapest rooms are pretty pricey, especially when compared to Saratoga, OKW, or Boardwalk's standard view.

Still...nice to have options! And I'm still drooling at finding out what the Treehouse points are going to be.