Hello from a total newbie

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by insoin, Jun 15, 2009.

1. insoin

insoin Member

Hello everyone. ; I just wanted to drop a quick line to say hi. ; I just got my first ever DSLR a few weeks back. ; I got the Nikon D90. ; I am so new I don't understand all of the terms yet. ; But I hope to learn and am taking a few classes.

I hope to at least learn how to start taking pictures by my trip in Dec ; :D

I will have to wait till I get home and list all of the stuff I have gotten so far. ; It will be a few days as I'm currently working two jobs to get a bigger downpayment for a new house.

I am excited to be part of the photography world.

Scott

2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Welcome to the forums Scott!

Feel free to ask away when you're ready.

3. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

Welcome Scott - ask away anytime, and enjoy playing with the new toy!

4. Craig

Craig Member Staff Member

welcome aboard!

5. Coo1eo

Coo1eo Member

Welcome aboard Scott! You will find lots of info here due to the tremendous amounts of knowledge the folks here have to share.

6. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

Scott,

Welcome to TMIP. ; The one thing I can say with assurance is that Newbies need not be afraid of sailing these waters

7. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Welcome from one newbie to another! ; Lurked for a while (two years) and jumped in the past two weeks.

8. goofmick

goofmick Member

Welcome

9. ddindy

ddindy Member Staff Member

From one Hoosier to another, welcome!

10. goofy101

goofy101 Member

welcome

11. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

welcome scott and thanks for joining pixelmania!

12. prettypixie

prettypixie Member

13. mSummers

mSummers Member

welcome aboard Scott! ;

14. gary

gary Member

welcome aboard, feel free to ask away, we all started out somewhere

15. jtrain75

jtrain75 Member

Glad to see that I'm not the newbie anymore!!! ;D ; Welcome Scott!

16. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Always nice to have another Scott around. ; Welcome!

17. insoin

insoin Member

Thanks to everyone for the greetings. ; I hope to get all of my stuff listed today. ; It is my first day that I have an evening free.

I'm sure I'll have tons of questions to ask here in the near future. ; I take my first very basic class on the 27th. ; Just the basic introduction class from the local camera store. ; But it is a start.

Are there any good books someone can recommend to learn and understand the basics of photography? ; Something that helps explain the terms and what they mean? ;

18. jtrain75

jtrain75 Member

I bought a book from Borders called The practical illustrated encyclopedia of Digital Photographyâ€

19. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

"Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson. ; Have your camera in your hand as you read it. ; That goes double for when you are reading the manual. ; You can't screw up your camera as you can always reset it back to factory defaults if you get confused. Have fun!!!

20. insoin

insoin Member