First Snow + GTA + Drivers = Lobotomy

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ham Ham, Nov 19, 2008.

1. a 15 minute drive to my daughter's school took 2 hours this morning - snow and an OC Transpo strike in Ottawa made for horrendous traffic. ; My girls watched the entire Camp Rock movie, and had a nap!

2. scratch

scratch Member

Luckily my call in shift was cancelled and I can stay home and pack!

3. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Looks like more snow is coming. Toronto Star is calling for a ; snowpocalypse. [move][glow=red,2,300]That system is expected to arrive in Canada Thursday night, bringing 40 to 60 km/h winds and 25 to 30 centimetres of snow by Friday.[/glow][/move]
    I'll begin to pay attention when the storm in ; 6 hours away and the forecast hasn't been modified. In the mean time snow tires are properly inflated, windshield washer fluid is topped up, full tank of fuel an snow cleaning brush.

I predict the storm will take a jog and spare most of the GTA the 30 cm'cs predicted.
    Where do I get my info? The same place the forecasters do. Pulled from an area close to the largest muscle in the body.

[​IMG]

4. scratch

scratch Member

What happened to the "we're not going to get so much snow this winter!"

Oh Yeah! ; It's not winter yet!

LOL

5. we're supposed to get snow later tomorrow - actually didn't snow today after an accumulation yesterday. ; Wouldn't it be nice (for me) to see Toronto blanketed this time, and Ottawa miss out. ; :)

6. realfam

realfam Member

Sorry to tell you all this, but its 80plus here in WDW Old Key West.!!!!!!!!

7. Ham Ham

Ham Ham Member

Awesome weather RF!

8. scratch

scratch Member

Don't be sorry! ; I'm gonna be there in less than a week! ; Looking forward!

9. scratch

scratch Member

Okay! ; Two Snowfalls down, and Two more to go!