First ND Filter Shots during Illuminations

Discussion in 'Epcot Photos' started by jbwolffiv, Aug 27, 2011.

1. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Member

Nice--agree with others about the focal length and exposure time.

I just ordered a 9 stop ND filter to replace my dearly departed B+W 1.8 (6 stop). It might be a little crazy, but I'm really looking forward to getting that bad boy out there! :)

2. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

Tom,

Which filter are you getting? Another B&W? I am saving up for the Vari-Duo that Gary uses.

3. WDWFigment

WDWFigment Member

Since I use wide angle lenses so much, I've decided to steer clear of Vari-ND filters. Just not worth the work in post processing (or the cost--I can achieve basically the same thing by adjusting aperture and ISO), in my opinion.

Here's the filter I ordered: http://www.buyphotogear.com/Hoya-77mm-H ... p_192.html

That's the cheapest place I could find it. They actually have an eBay store--I contacted them on eBay to see if they'd sell cheaper outside of eBay (to save on their fees--yeah, I'm that cheap!) and they sent me a link to their store. Ended up costing $85 shipped after I applied the coupon "SUMMER" - not a bad price for a brand name 9 stop filter!

The B+W 3.0 (10 stop) was what I originally wanted, but for ~$25 more, I decided to go the cheaper route (plus, the B+W filter for that price came from Hong Kong, and even though the seller had great feedback, I was a little weary of getting a fake).

I've done so much research on ND filters, way too much, actually. Someday I'll have to take the time to write down all of my thoughts on them.

4. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Thanks Tom, thinking I will be ordering another one before Pixelmania.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk