BIG Announcement from Disney today

Discussion in 'Misc. Posting Board' started by PolynesianMedic, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

I think that is still happening. ; I think the new land will take over Camp Minnie-Mickey and some expansion area near it..... ; This was announced with the ink still wet on the contract. ; Blue Sky has NOTHING ready for what will be built in the land, Tom Skaggs' non-answers to the questions he answered confirmed that. ; That is why they aren't going to start construction until 2013.

2. Jeff Fillmore

Jeff Fillmore Member

; This ; :D

3. Sean&Karen

Sean&Karen Guest

Could you imagine the night time photos of Pandora ?? omg

4. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

I know. ; That alone could be the Potter-killah they want. ; Of course by then Harry Potter will be a memory when the land opens in 2015/2016..... ; ::)

5. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

The thoughts of those night photos are exciting indeed! ; Ewa DEFINITELY approves of this!

6. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Yet another dumb question from John, but what is Ewa?

7. WillCAD

WillCAD Member

Dude, you gotta get out from under that rock once in a while!

Eywa is the god/creator/mother Earth (or in this case, Panddora) spirit worshiped by the Na'vi. Eywa is the center of the Na'vi's spiritual life. In practical scientific terms, Eywa is actually a hive-mind consciousness created by almost all plant and animal species on Pandora being linked, through what appear to be ; a global organic fibre-optic data network. Animals and plants all over the planet connect themselves together, and the backbone of the network appears to be a special species of tree that looks like a willow tree with fibre-optic branches. The Na'vi themselves are part of this network, and can link themselves to the tree network, or directly to their individual beasts of burden (the horse-like pa'li and the pterodactyl-like ikran).

I mean, this is all common knowledge, man! Where have you been?

8. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Way too funny! ; I just assumed that Ewa was an acronym for something technical I have no clue about! ; Now those posts make a lot os sense!

9. PolynesianMedic

Just rent the movie and spend 2 1/2 hours in front of your TV. ; Then you'll understand. ;)

10. jbwolffiv

jbwolffiv Member

Funny thing is, I have seen the move (a few times actually, since it is was played on HBO everyday this summer) and liked it. I just did not make the connection. ;

11. PolynesianMedic

LOL that is funny!