Beverlyfest is live on YouTube

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by Tim, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

Well, Beverly is, from my understanding, a palate cleanser. When I worked in a fine dining establishment that served Northern Italian cuisine, it wasn't uncommon for our large fixed-meal menu nights (i.e. New Year's eve, Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc), we served a very potent sorbet course that came before the entree for the purpose of cleansing the palate.

From the blurb on the Beverly label on the dispenser at Ice Station Cool, it seems that's what this concoction is for.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

That will definately cleanse the palate. It probably works so effectively that any food eaten after it would taste marvelous, even if it wasn't so good. Because it would have to be better than the taste of the Beverly! ;)

I haven't read those blurbs in quite some time...I actually hadn't stopped in there in about 3 years until the Beverlyfest - last time I went in there, they still had the igloo entrance where you had to walk through the refrigeration hall with the cold water and ice dripping. I miss that, especially in the summer!

3. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

Ice Station Cool was so much better then the way it is now, at least I think so. That whole igloo thing was the best on a hot August day!

4. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

i agree.