Beverlyfest is live on YouTube

Discussion in 'Trip Reports & Member Reviews' started by Tim, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Tim

Tim Administrator Staff Member

http://youtube.com/watch?v=P9vSul1I1g4

Thanks to disneymama1 for posting this video of the Beverlyfest on YouTube. Please be sure to check out all of the wackiness and madness that was Beverlyfest and be sure to listen to this week's Magical Definition Podcast for a full recap.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Only 25?

3. Tim

4. PolynesianMedic

PolynesianMedic Global Moderator Staff Member

I wanted to see someone loose the Beverly! Sorry just the morbid medic side of me there. I think that Nathan should have downed the Beverly as quickly as Derek. Maybe we can get a do over at Mousefest? ;)

Thank you for the videos! It was nice to see the event.

5. Tim

beverlyfest part deux is planned for mousefest...

6. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

Cool, I wonder how many people we can get to participate in Part Deux.

7. nrose101

nrose101 Member

All I know is that I am Mc'ing this time and Tim is drinking. :p

8. Tim

you have a better chance of being tall enough to ride space mountain than getting me to drink that "stuff".

9. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

My wife couldn't get past a small taste of the stuff. I don't know if I could do 25 though like that Derek guy

10. PolynesianMedic

Come on Tim, that is a low blow. Sorry for the pun Nathan. :D ;D ;)

11. jcvalenti

jcvalenti Member

Let me get this straight again - there are people out there in the world who voluntarily drink Beverley ? Jeez. Just watching that clip made me queasy.

12. zackiedawg

zackiedawg Member Staff Member

I don't know if you can call it 'voluntarily'....there was peer pressure and the expectation of the crowd forcing them along! ;)

Here are a few shots I took during the challenge.

The foul brew awaits its challenger:

[​IMG]

Nathan attacking the Beverly:

[​IMG]

Robert attacking the Beverly:

[​IMG]

Nathan finishing up the last two cups:

[​IMG]

Just after snapping that last shot - Nathan almost lost cup #24 - he choked up a bit, some dribbled out around his lips, and it looked like he might be defeated just one from the end. But he recomposed himself, and put down that final shot. Robert looked more composed - knocking them back like some Beverly-drinking robot. And Derek's demonstration...well, he just has a few nuts and bolts loose, because that ain't right to be seemingly enjoying Beverly like that!

13. Tim

that really was something... thanks for sharing the pics, justin. looking at the lanyards, i didn't realize how much crossover there was between the TET and C25 groups. that was really cool.

14. PolynesianMedic

zackiedawg, I noticed that there are 26 shots prepared on that table. Is that the actual amouont that Nathan drank or is that someone elses table? ;)

15. nrose101

nrose101 Member

It was the combination of a burp and drinking at same time that got me...That stuff gives you gas real bad :p

16. Tim

it was an extra cup because we were using that table as a staging area... it was removed prior to kickoff!

17. zackiedawg

Nathan...I'll buy the burp excuse - though your face occasionally looked pained, you did far better than I could ever hope to do!

As Tim said...there were a few extra cups around, but they were taken by a few audience members to 'sample' the Beverly before the competition started. Some were there who had not even tried the Beverly - which means there was no way they could appreciate the feat they were about to see - so they were encouraged to try it first.

18. jcvalenti

jcvalenti Member

Zackiedawg - when I wondered if people "voluntarily" drank this stuff, I wasn't talking about Nathan. I was talking about the fact that aparently there is some country full of people somehwere in the world that actually seem to enjoy Beverley. If not, why is it ever made ? That's what baffled me.

19. zackiedawg

I don't know...maybe it was something Mussolini thought up and forced on the Italians, and now they're just brainwashed. Either that, or it's a great plot by the government to make us distrust Europeans, because who could trust someone that drinks that stuff for pleasure! ;)

20. PolynesianMedic

I would like to think that they don't drink that stuff straight. I am hoping that they use it as a mixer. I can't stand Club soda or tonic water straight, but put them in a drink and they are more then tolerable. :)