Any Interest in D70 Kit with 18-70 and 70-300 ED lenses?

Discussion in 'Buying and Selling' started by MagicMeets, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Grumpwurst

Grumpwurst Member Staff Member

Roger,

Any links about what the D90 is rumored to contain?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

The D300 has the D70's P (programmed) mode. This is the mode I use a lot along with Auto ISO. This is almost like the full Auto mode but gives you a way to alter the shutter speed and aperture with a turn of the back control wheel.

If you would use that mode on your D70 until you are comfortable with it, I think moving up to the D300 would not be as intimdating. Not there isn't a lot to learn about it but you can do that as you go. Once I did that with my D70, I got very comfortable with it, very fast.

3. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

Ray, Thom Hogan has a brief tidbit still on his main page about the D90.

http://www.bythom.com/

Personally I think they'll put the 12mp sensor in it to counter the MP wars from the XSi, but it won't have 14 bit or as much of the speed of the D300. But it will have Active D-Lighting.

4. Scottwdw

Scottwdw Member

If the D90 is coming so soon, I'd wait and see what it's feature set looks like. I see Thom Hogan is assuming it will be a DX camera. I've seen some rumors of it being the Nikon consumer FX camera. Might be wishfull thinking as the D3 is still in short supply. Doubt Nikon could make enough for a consumer version.

5. Roger

Roger Member Staff Member

A few people don't think Nikon's next FX camera will come out before 2009. I still think Photokina is going to be all-FF, so Nikon releasing another DX before Photokina seems like a good idea. But if they release a consumer FF below the D300's price point...that would be something. Even Canon doesn't think they can afford to produce the bodies at that low of a price. Maybe Sony's figured something out.